bad day from my garage

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Re: bad day from my garage

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

I hear you!! It was unfortunate about the car,but you are OK and the car WILL BE!!Get after it and DO NOT give up!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

wgreggking

Post by wgreggking »

I give up !.... not!, Taking the Camper to Big Sur state park, Saturday for a week, for some R&R. Previously scheduled vacation. stopping to see my wife's Aunt and Uncle in Goleta CA. Needing some redwood's, marine layer air,to clear my head. Maybe I'll see a classic Merc on the 101. Thanks for the support GK
Image 64 caliente 302 auto

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Tough way to get started, but sounds like this might have been the kick in the pants you needed to really do the old girl up right. Sounds like you've got the interior and undercarriage in top shape. With the new body parts and fresh paint, she should be a real show stopper! 8) Good luck, and hang in there.
Jim

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

GK;Honk as you go by!! I'm about 100 feet off of the 101 in Camarillo,about a block from In-N-Out!! Have a SAFE,Relaxing trip!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

wgreggking

Post by wgreggking »

OP-UPDATE: Been four years since my last post. Comet's been sitting since, started several times that it. Life happens , in-laws and parents moved in, and passed, sister in law moved here passed too. Lovely wife almost died of flu and blood strep at the same time , now fully recovered. And I suffered from a bad hip and had it replaced, one year ago. Started working on it last week. Parts car trunk lined up good, prepped first of two quarters to be patched. drained gas tank started her up and took an illegal drive , expired plates and ins, real rural here. Found out that my Z gate shifter cable had split and didn't go into reverse. Ordered and installed, BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN !

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Well its great to have you back!!
I often wonder what happened to some of the members that quit posting.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

GLAD TO HEAR THE GOOD NEWS YOUR BACK,,we all have some sort of a set back from time to time,,I think sometimes it just happens ,,the good LORD said it'll be no more then you can handle,,,,we are tested everyday,,it's how you handle it is what counts !! POP
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Welcome back, Greg! :D Sounds like you've had several rough times since 2015, but I hope that kind of stuff is behind you now. It will be good therapy to be working on your car again. Good luck with it, and post us some pics now and then so we can follow along.

Jim

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

SASSY wrote:I often wonder what happened to some of the members that quit posting.
Yes me too :roll:
wgreggking wrote:BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN !
Keep us informed and do pictures when you can :P Love to see what everyone is doing.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

wgreggking

Post by wgreggking »

UPDATE, Still here, tail panel strait, replaced trunk lid from my 4dr parts car, removes drivers lower quarter and outer wheel well,and trunk drop.
In the process of welding back together. most of that from prior rust repair. Have some pics but don't seem to get them to show up.
Never welded a quarter in before watched dozens of videos, removed as little as needed.So far so good.

ALSO: have scoured this forum, for 64 wheel and tire fitment lost of info.
My CURRENT wheels and tires 14x6 3" BS and 215/70-14 all four.
Front, Granada brake conversion. Slight rub once and a while.
Rear, wheel well was trimmed and had to jack up the frame to get them in, no rub.
New possible combo: 15x7 4.0 BS all four 215/60-15
Rear looks good
Front nor sure.
tire calc: old: HT 25.9 W 8.5 sidewall 5.9
new: HT 25.2 W 8.5 sidewall 5.1
The top of the tire to the fender well is: 0.35" Farther, less scrub
The inner sidewall to the suspension and frame is: 0.51" Closer to the spring
The outer sidewall is: 0.51" Closer In away from the lip
Thoughts ?

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Greg here is a pretty good tire calculator that Jimscyclone post a few years ago that I really like. gives you all the specs of 2 different size tires & compares them ,even a visual diagram at top right with 2 views that you can change back & forth. even gives speedo info. of course its not perfect.
& the widths can vary depending on your wheel widths,for me it said my new tires would be 15'' section width but with smaller 10 wide tires it was only 14'' section width.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?ti ... 5-29-15r15
Johno

wgreggking

Post by wgreggking »

Thanks, PBJ, check this calc out. tire ,wheel, and offset/backspace all in one with visualizerhttps://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

That is a nice one! a lot more complex,with wheel calculators & lots of things. cool thanks!
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Yeah, Greg, thanks! That one's got a lot more info than the one I was using. Should come in handy. :wink:

Jim

wgreggking

Post by wgreggking »

Finally got it done. Sectioned bottom half of quarter and tail panel and outer and inner wheel tub. Sat so long, I need to get new tires.
Still have some lower right side trunk well rust to repair. Image
Attachments
IMG_20220629_110723132.jpg
IMG_20220629_110723132.jpg (171.41 KiB) Viewed 1421 times
Last edited by wgreggking on Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.