does your car have a nickname

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Jims65cyclone

Re: does your car have a nickname

Post by Jims65cyclone »

BJB wrote:startyabastard. :mrgreen:
Just sorta rolls off the tongue....... :lol:
Jim

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

PROBLEM CHILD was named in 1986.in the early 80s my friend tried to name it GUMBY because he made fun of me because i had just got it painted with a new paint that was rubberized and didnt chip easy
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

Santa's Comet

Post by Santa's Comet »

I named my 64 Ms. Ivory. The faded yellow mist paint looks like old ivory. All my cars were ladies except my 68 blue Bronco! He was Mister Blue!
NP Dave

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I call mine OLE TRUSTY,cause it ain't never failed to start,nor failed me when it came time to take me home,,the closest was when a pin came out of one of the 3fingers on the pressure plate just as I put it in 3rd gear,and I had no clutch,me and GLENDA were just a couple of miles from the house,,I just left it in 3rd and made a couple of almost stops at stop signs and drove it home in 3rd..thats a pretty good averge for the yrs and miles on it,and the way I treated it in my younger days,drove it hard and put it up wet many times.My youngest grd son use to call it the little red comet car when he was just talkin,,my daughter would call and say she's bringing that boy out to ME...cause he was throwing a fit and was pissed ,said he wanted to go out to POP's shop and drive the little red comet car.I would stand him up behind the st whl and he sawed that whl and made his motor sounds and played with the shifter,,I sat over on the other side and read a magazine,bet that boy drove the little red comet car a million miles in his little mind,and we never moved a inch....that boy is almost 19yrso today and is off to college,,,great memories !!....where has time went??...by the way....now I have a grt grd son from my oldest grd son to stand behind the whl in the little red comet car..better known as OLE TRUSTY !! pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Santa's Comet wrote:I named my 64 Ms. Ivory. The faded yellow mist paint looks like old ivory. All my cars were ladies except my 68 blue Bronco! He was Mister Blue!
NP Dave
I take it you don't have MR BLUE anymore !!......pop
pop/glenda

Santa's Comet

Post by Santa's Comet »

No POP, It didn't make a good year round driver. Even with another heater in the back I froze in the winter! Large tires and short wheel base made it lots of fun the ice. I saw it parked about 4years ago! It was that blue emeron(sp) paint still!
NP Dave

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Pop & I were talking ,We both have an old truck named ''old paint'' & we both have another old truck named ''black betty''. That was weird.
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

poboyjo65 wrote:Pop & I were talking ,We both have an old truck named ''old paint'' & we both have another old truck named ''black betty''. That was weird.
I know a OLD crippled up drag racer from many yrs gone by that still owns his 63 nova drag car,called BLACK BETTY,he keeps that nova in a shop and it is in race trim and ready to go ,,and this poor soul ain't hardly able to even back it out side......but it has NO PRICE TAG !! POP
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Santa's Comet wrote:No POP, It didn't make a good year round driver. Even with another heater in the back I froze in the winter! Large tires and short wheel base made it lots of fun the ice. I saw it parked about 4years ago! It was that blue emeron(sp) paint still!
NP Dave
I bought a new 77 bronco ,kept it close to 12 yrs or better,sold it for 150 dollars less then I gave for it,,,,I have a 71 half cab for atleast 25 yrs or more ,I gave it to my oldest grd son,I gave my son my 1974 half cab,and I drive another 77 with a half cab have had it for around 12 or so yrs...........but all 3 of them stay out here at my place,,we keep the 71 and 74 parked behind my shop to keep them out of sight,,so's people won't stop to see if they are for sale......pop
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Dad always had to keep the '49 Ford 1 ton hidden behind the shed because because people were constantly stopping wanting to "buy" it (he said thinking he would give it too them, basically) it is out behind my shed now but that is just too hide it so my wife won't complain about all the junk vehicles :P

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

i had a 66 ford truck we called the GREEN BEAST.we would take it hunting up in the mountain.it was 2 wheel drive but we took it places the av. person wouldnt take a 4 wheel drive.i would just point it and shoot up the mountain trail.it earned its nickname!
fryedaddy

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

fryedaddy wrote:i had a 66 ford truck we called the GREEN BEAST.we would take it hunting up in the mountain.it was 2 wheel drive but we took it places the av. person wouldnt take a 4 wheel drive.i would just point it and shoot up the mountain trail.it earned its nickname!
I have a 66 right now,tough trk,old man bought it new and I got it from his widow,his nick name was old BOLEY,so that is what I call the truck...OL BOLEY.......pop
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

My dad had the knack for naming vehicles. I remember he had a 48 Pontiac he called "The Green Monster". It had been hit in the left quarter panel and looked pretty rough. He also had an early 50's Studebaker that gave him fits starting on cold mornings. On those mornings it was known as "The Stupidbaker". My first car was a 1960 Plymouth. The first thing I did to it was jack up the rear end and paint the rear axle florescent orange. My dad said it looked like one of those baboons at the zoo with the multi-colored rear ends, and promptly dubbed it "The Chafed Ape". Thanks, dad. :oops:
Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

MY DAD had a 1955 ford ,he called ..the blue goose.....we still tell stories,my brother and I,about daddy and the blue goose..pop
pop/glenda

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

saw a new nickname topic come up ,just thought i would remind everyone about some of the names on this old topic
fryedaddy