Think I will experiment with molasses

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
lavron
Site Admin

Re: Think I will experiment with molasses

Post by lavron »

fryedaddy wrote:was that you Mike that expermited with electrolisis
That was Groover, it is probably was less stinky to use.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

lavron
Site Admin

Re: Think I will experiment with molasses

Post by lavron »

OK last of the Molasses Experiment. :roll:

The Monkey Wrench I dropped in a week or so ago, I was actually able to take it apart, you can see on the end of the handle where it did not go all the way down into the bucket, it is actually sitting in a vinegar bath right now too see if I can't get it a little cleaner.

Also if you remember the metal paint stick, somewhat pitted but turned out ok for what it is.

The last thing was the carburetor, it has been in there for a while, maybe too long, it looks like molasses eats pot metal or whatever the body of the carb is made of, it did not effect the aluminum base, I was able to disassemble the carb, the steel parts are really clean and I currently have some of the internal parts in vinegar just for the heck of it, again I am not using the carb, this was just an experiment.

If anyone wants the carb for parts you are welcome too it, I won't ship it too you but will bring it with me too PF next year and you can have it, it has all the screws and shafts and linkages etc. they are all nice and clean :D the base and heat plate are ok too, they are aluminum, it is off of a '72 Maverick 200 six.

If nobody wants it I will throw it up on a shelf in the shed, might need parts off of it someday for a different project.

My suggestion is if you want to clean a carburetor don't soak it in molasses :roll: Again I am pretty happy with how most stuff came out.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058