The California Caliente, 50 years same owner!

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
poboyjo65

Re: The California Caliente, 50 years same owner!

Post by poboyjo65 »

Yea he's right Big Al!

Hey Roy What was the most scariest moment in 50 years of driving the comet?
I've heard you mention an axle breaking & hitting the wall, but I'm sure you have had a close call on the road.
Johno

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

John;I missed the wall,but did break a MOSER axle!!Other than spiinning out on ice,not much on the road!!Scariest moment was during a Match Race at Bakersfield when I was in the left lane,got water up in the wheelwell,when I nailed it,it wheelstood dripping water,hooked LEFT,saw the terrified look on the Photographers,stood on the brakes,missed EVERYTHING,lost the race though,so now the other racer and I are 1 & 1!!!In the photo you can see water running out and onto the slick!!!One photographer has a sequence of the start and the aborted pass!!The 'Other' racer is a friend with a blown 393 Windsor,64 Comet Caliente,would run 9.40s [beat him on a hole shot,then his Carb came apart],it is being rebuilt now,he crashed it hard,lost it,came across the track and nailed the wall on the opposite lane almost headon,he was OK,just pissed for staying in it too long!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Awesome stuff - man, I haven't even been AROUND 50, much less owned a Comet that long!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :D :mrgreen:
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Rocket989 wrote:Awesome stuff - man, I haven't even been AROUND 50, much less owned a Comet that long!! :shock: :lol: :lol: :D :mrgreen:
8) that's cool ROCKET ! this hobby needs all age groups to survive..young and old..it's a revolveing door !! :wink: :D :wink: pop
pop/glenda

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Rocket and POP;you guys are RIGHT!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals