fueling up

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
tntrash

Re: fueling up

Post by tntrash »

I have the same issue with my comet. The problem is that the station with 100% gas that I use the pumps are either off or wide open, no in between. A lot of aggravation and takes forever to fill when it keeps shutting off.

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

I notice the same thing that pumps today have so much pressure it's hard to modulate the flow to a decent rate. Bring back the pumps they used to use.
Ron

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

THE rear tank on my 88f150 4wd takes 2 forevers to fill up,,,thought the rubber hose was flatten ,,it's not....I bought this tank brand new and replaced the original about 10 yrs ago......it has always been a pain to fill up.....the front tank takes gas as fast as you can pump gas to it,,,,,,the easy way to work on the tank(s) on this truck is to remove the bed....found that out yrs ago when I bought the old trk and had to replace both pumps and gauge units.....old truck don't have bit 125,000 miles and had sat for yrs,the old gas either ate up or stopped up the fuel system......until I get all worked up and in the mood to pull the bed,which I think I can use my lift to do so,before 3or4 just lifted it off after unbolting and placed on stacks of old tires.....but right now I just take my time and fill it ...I think the vent is my problem....way to many air bubbles burp up and it helps to shake the truck as I pump gas into it...so am thinking it's a vent problem
pop/glenda

captian_napalm

Post by captian_napalm »

I'd hate to modify my filler neck then have to open the trunk to fill up....

captian_napalm

Post by captian_napalm »

found out the chevron down the road has pumps that you don't need to push on to fill...worked great3/4 squeeze and not one drop spilled..