fueling up

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
captian_napalm

Re: fueling up

Post by captian_napalm »

didn't mean for everyone to start disagreeing....I just wanted to know about lead substitute ,and putting the nozzle in.....

Santa's Comet

Post by Santa's Comet »

Don't worry about it! Happens some times because everyone wants to help.
This is a great forum so don't ever be shy to ask.
NP Dave

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

captian_napalm wrote:didn't mean for everyone to start disagreeing....I just wanted to know about lead substitute ,and putting the nozzle in.....
THAT'S WHAT MAKES THIS PLACE THE PLACE TO BE,,WE ALL AGREE TO DISAGREE...SO ASK YOUR QUESTIONS ,WE WANT THEM....BUT NOT ALL AGREE WITH THE ANSWER YOUR GONNA GET FROM ONE PERSON......pop
pop/glenda

captian_napalm

Post by captian_napalm »

tried filling up yesterday and i tried all different ways to hold the nozzle

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

captian_napalm wrote:tried filling up yesterday and i tried all different ways to hold the nozzle
And did you have problems in any particular way, or all ways?

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Might try fueling it at half throttle if it wont take wide open. It really should be a straight shot with minimal interference. I would probably pull the inlet hose and look down in it if at all possible, not sure what year you have or how it is set up.
Careful your character's showing!

captian_napalm

Post by captian_napalm »

lavron wrote:
captian_napalm wrote:tried filling up yesterday and i tried all different ways to hold the nozzle
And did you have problems in any particular way, or all ways?

See Ya,
Mike
every possible way did not work except slooooooooow.

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

OK, I looked back and looks like you have a 62 which should be the same as my 63. You should be able to pump fuel freely, I have not issue with mine other than just once in awhile if aim the nozzle back to driver's side. If memory serves you should be able to remove the gas cap, remove the upper filler tube and the hose to the tank and take a flash light and look down the neck. It should be open with maybe a inner vent tube of sorts. Bottom line though is you have a blockage of some sort.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

IS IT SET UP LIKE MY 64?? if so,then what can be blocked?? unless the inner layer of the hose has gave up !! :shock: pop
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

This is a common problem with falcons,especially the round bodies so it's not surprising to hear it from a comet owner. A common solution is a vent in the neck. some people have adapted later stang necks,maverick & later comet necks that have a tube in the neck for venting. My 65 with stock neck into a homemade tank does great,except the one time I turned the handle to the 8-9 o clock position because of a short pump hose & it dumped a gallon or 2 on the ground before I noticed it. It was sitting level because the whole bumper was leaking :lol: . but I usually put it at about the 4 0clock position & never have trouble even when I had the stock tank.
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I don't see the big deal,,if you have to twist the nozzle just a tad .....so be it....this sounds like a mole hill turned into a mountain jmo
pop/glenda

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Pop I think what he is saying is it wont take fuel in any position which is an issue, if it would take it in most positions then he wouldn't be chasing it.

The bast one I have seen is a college kid brought a car into the shop that would take fuel and when we tore it down we found a tampon, seems his buddies planned a prank on him.

Where are you located, maybe there is a member near by that can lend a hand if you aren't mechanically inclined.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

[quote="mopar 346"]Pop I think what he is saying is it wont take fuel in any position which is an issue, if it would take it in most positions then he wouldn't be chasing it.

The bast one I have seen is a college kid brought a car into the shop that would take fuel and when we tore it down we found a tampon, seems his buddies planned a prank on him.

Where are you located, maybe there is a member near by that can lend a hand if you aren't mechanically inclined.[/quo KEVIN,OL POP is probably more so then you are,,,,
pop/glenda

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Only the first line was for you Pop, the middle line was for everyone and the last line was for the OP. I wasn't clear I guess.

TO THE OP: where are you located.

captian_napalm

Post by captian_napalm »

what I meant was every position the gas came out......slow seemed to be the right way, although I like the idea of venting the filler tube