fueling up

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
fryedaddy

Re: fueling up

Post by fryedaddy »

Your original concern was not boiling, we got off track. I never run the lead additive and my guess on the unside down nozzle is filler neck angle causing fuel to spit up on the automatic cut off, I have to tilt some of mine from time to time to over come it myself.[/quote] i will tell you how we got off track,when i answer a question,i answer it the best i can.i dont look at what the first member wrote and disagree with him,i just simply answer the question without commenting on someone elses answer or attacking them even if they say something i dont agree with,but when im put on the spot,only then will i defend my answer
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

i will tell you how we got off track,when i answer a question,i answer it the best i can.i dont look at what the first member wrote and disagree with him,i just simply answer the question without commenting on someone elses answer or attacking them even if they say something i dont agree with,but when im put on the spot,only then will i defend my answer
fryedaddy

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

boiling is vapor locking,heat soak.most people dont even know its boiling unless you take your breather off after driving and watch and listen.they just think its flooded.anyone whose car dont start easy after getting it hot might be boiling fuel and dont even know it
fryedaddy

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

every station in my city has 10 percent ethanol,i just assumed it was that way everywhere,even my local shell station dont offer 91 pure
fryedaddy

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

fryedaddy wrote:every station in my city has 10 percent ethanol,i just assumed it was that way everywhere
We have ethanol free premium in town here, that is what I have been buying for my tractors and lawnmowers, etc.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

MIKE,im sorry this topic turned out this way,i guess some of us oldtimers have our ways set,and its hard to change,but what works for the goose might not work for the gander.god bless everyone on this forum,good day ps,im going out to the garage and fiddle with my comet,i saw a drop of oil under it,i think my valve covers have been off one too many times.i guess i will go get some new gaskets,i cant stand a leak
fryedaddy

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

fryedaddy wrote:......i would not put a elelbrock on my lawn mower,much less my comet

Well we definitely agree on that!
Careful your character's showing!

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

good deal mopar man! nice to get agreed with now and then lol
fryedaddy

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

fryedaddy wrote:
Comechero65 wrote:For a short time many years back I used to add Real Lead to my tank. Then gave up and quit using it. Found out i didn't need it and was just an added unnecesarry expense. Engine ran fine and lasted just fine without it.
Ron
tell me,do you run 87 on your comet.i think this is the comet performance forum,not the comet,low performance forum
It was in a 66 mustang with 289 that i ran the lead additive. But stopped using it after a short time.
Presently with the Comechero I have the 5.0 GT50 roller motor and of course it just gets fed standard ca reg gas with ethanol. No problem.
Ron

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

if its injected of coure it will run on regular
fryedaddy

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

this thread has went to pot,,,jmo ....it needs to get back on track,pop
pop/glenda

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

it went to pot right off when everybody wanted to dissagree instead of answering the question asked
fryedaddy

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

this thread reminds me of my son,right or wrong,good or bad,he has to get the last word in.this is my final post on this topic.i talked to a major ford engine builder,top 5 in the us and he said if your under 10-1 comp with a small cam reg pump gas is ok,but if you have 10-11 to 1 comp with a .235 at .050 or bigger cam.esp on a old iron headed engine,you need a 4 parts 93 to 1 part race fuel to keep it happy
fryedaddy

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

fryedaddy wrote:if its injected of coure it will run on regular
Mine 4 BBl carb. Not last word just answering question. :D
Ron

captian_napalm

Post by captian_napalm »

all i got is a lil 170 ci.