Hermine aint nothing but a blow hard!

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
mopar 346

Hermine aint nothing but a blow hard!

Post by mopar 346 »

For those in the way of Hermine stay safe, hopefully you have taken the morning to prepare or evacuate as you should. The rain has stared here but the we will probably see the worst 10-11 pm til 4-5 am depending on when and where it lands. All the cars are secure and not body parts in the yard to fly around if it blows to any extent.

Stay safe and enjoy the glory of mother nature.
Last edited by mopar 346 on Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Careful your character's showing!

popscomet

Re: Hermine aint nothing but a blew hard!

Post by popscomet »

Pay attention....take care of each other !! keep an eye on that baby girl.......pop
pop/glenda

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Don't turn your back on him. He could be a 2 before you know it. They suck. It's been 12 year's since we were hit buy Charlie, then Francis, then Jean. I hope you have a generator, alcohol and fuel. We have 6 vehicles but the boat hold's 52 gallon's. Our generator takes 5 gallon's for 8 hour's. I made a pigtail through the wall in the laundry so I can plug into the dryer power plug and back feed the panel so we have electricity. Well' I don't run the AC. We are on a well too so without power there is no water.

Stacey
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

popscomet wrote:Pay attention....take care of each other !! keep an eye on that baby girl.......pop
Yep they will be here in a few minutes so I will keep her safe.

Generator, I have the stuff to build the back feed like you are talking but as normal, haven't got to it. I brought all the extension cords and lights from the shop and well as flash lights, we have several camp lanterns with plenty of propane, a camp stove and I would venture to say 60-80 gallons of fuel between actual fuel tanks and then several cars on full (old ones that I can syphon easily). We are on a well too but I can hook it to the generator if needed but it hold 60+ gallons I think anyway and we filled one of the bath tubs for toilet water if needed, we also have plenty of bottled water. I figure since I took the time this morning to get everything ready we wont lose power, kinda like washing a car to make it rain. The worst of it is my son-n-law is a Deputy and even though he was off, he was called in for the night, small county so not a lot of them.

Anyway we have been down this road many times so not that big of a deal but this IS the first time in awhile we have taken the brunt of it.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

When we got near the finish of our house I bought a 14KW automatic whole house generator, we went through a couple of ice storms and electric was off for a while, we decided never again and so far the generator has kept the bad weather away, it has actually run for maybe 45 minutes in the last 3 years (besides it weekly 15 minute exercise). We have a well and are way out in the boonies, but I am prepared (not for a hurricane, I think I am safe from those :roll: ).

You guys be careful down there.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Mine's just a 5k watt but it does the trick when you have no power, as far as living in the booneys, I'm a mile from a stop sign and 6 miles from a red light.

loman

Post by loman »

To all you Floridians and east coasters, stay safe during the next couple of days.

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

The eye went well east of us, not that I am disappointed but it didn't even amount to a good summer thunderstorm for us. No loss of power or anything. I'll wonder the yard once it gets daylight but I am doubting we even have limbs down.

lavron
Site Admin

Re: Hermine aint nothing but a blow hard!

Post by lavron »

That sounds like good news, you did right in getting prepared because the ones that catch us is when we are not.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Hermine strafed just inside the South Carolina coast, so we got pretty soaked. We're about 100 miles from Charleston and 140 from Myrtle Beach. From 8pm Thursday night to 8pm Friday night we got about 7+ inches of rain according to my rain gauge. The wind would come in gusts all day long Friday as the pinwheel arms of the storm passed. I lost one maple tree about 10" diameter that turns out was hollow inside. Broke off about 9 ft. up from the ground. Spent most of this morning trying to get my chainsaw to crank. :roll: Finally gave up and worked on other projects. Today was cloudless and beautiful. :D
Jim

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Glad e everyone is safe and sound, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

mopar 346

Post by mopar 346 »

Jims65cyclone wrote:Hermine strafed just inside the South Carolina coast, so we got pretty soaked. We're about 100 miles from Charleston and 140 from Myrtle Beach. From 8pm Thursday night to 8pm Friday night we got about 7+ inches of rain according to my rain gauge. The wind would come in gusts all day long Friday as the pinwheel arms of the storm passed. I lost one maple tree about 10" diameter that turns out was hollow inside. Broke off about 9 ft. up from the ground. Spent most of this morning trying to get my chainsaw to crank. :roll: Finally gave up and worked on other projects. Today was cloudless and beautiful. :D
Jim
Sounds like you didn't fair too bad either. Good luck with the chain saw, hope you didn't put it up with ethanol. :D

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Yeah, we had a VW invitational show to attend in Cocoa Beach yesterday. The rain didn't stop until about 6:30 Friday night. I finally got the car loaded around dusk. Yesterday was the first time I had seen star's in the morning for the longest time; and nothing but a gorgeous day for a show. Deedie brought home another trophy with her dunebuggy. Goin to cruise over for a Caribbean festival on the riverfront today then back to Lake Placid Monday for some more Falcon engineering.

Ya'll have a great Holiday!

Stacey
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

mopar 346 wrote:Good luck with the chain saw, hope you didn't put it up with ethanol. :D
Nope, no ethanol. I use 93 octane ethanol-free on all my small engines. I did forget to drain the tank before putting it away about a year ago, though. :roll: I'll drain it out and mix some fresh fuel next week and try again.
Jim

Santa's Comet

Post by Santa's Comet »

For my vintage snow machine and my (now vintage) chainsaw this works for me. I put some mixed gas in a oil squirt can
and give a shot in the plug hole. It will fire enough to start filling the carb. Then it should fire up!
NP Dave