ANYONE ELSE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE FORUM LOADING?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
lavron
Site Admin

ANYONE ELSE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE FORUM LOADING?

Post by lavron »

It might be me because I don't have the best internet connection, but I have seen a few SQL Errors the last few days and the pages load slowly from time to time.

If others are experiencing similar I can see about reindexing the database and maybe even contracting the hosting company to see if something is going on with the server.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

poboyjo65

Re: ANYONE ELSE HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE FORUM LOADING?

Post by poboyjo65 »

Yesterday I was ,maybe the day before that ,sometimes but not every time. but I thought it was just my junk or service. one day it wouldn't load at all until later on. but it came right on today.
Johno

Santa's Comet

Post by Santa's Comet »

Yep! yesterday for a while I could not go to the Comet site.
It was like it had vanished!
NP Dave

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Not that i have noticed on my tablet or laptop but cant access the site on my phone.
I google comet central on the phone, it comes up top of list in the search results but when i hit on it
I get " 400 bad request" ?? Been like this for a while, old beat up phone though.
Havent had the prob with any other sites that i can recall.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Yes.
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

SASSY wrote:Not that i have noticed on my tablet or laptop but cant access the site on my phone.
I google comet central on the phone, it comes up top of list in the search results but when i hit on it
I get " 400 bad request" ?? Been like this for a while, old beat up phone though.
Havent had the prob with any other sites that i can recall.
Fred
I wondered why your not on here much, & you use to post up some cool pics in your travels, kinda miss those! :)
Johno

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I may reindex late one night so if you have problems late sometime it may be me doing that, I will backup as well before I do anything.

It won't help Fred's issue most likely, but one day I will update the forum software and see about getting a version that works on mobile devices as well, I think it is a plug-in but need to research it more, I know there is nothing for our current version, as always I am super nervous when it comes to updating because I don't want to mess it up and lose anything and I know just enough to be dangerous :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

CALIFORNIA CALIENTE

Post by CALIFORNIA CALIENTE »

Mine seems to be fine and I live out in the middle of nowhere!! ROY.
Real Racecars have 3 pedals

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

HAVE HAD TROUBLE FOR A DAY OR SO,SEEMS FINE TODAY,even GLENDA was having problems doing her stuff on here,,,but I just thought those young guys that turn the crank handle to power up all this stuff,was goofing off and that was the culprit :shock: :? :wink:
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

I had a lot of problems on Thursday getting a SQL error message. It wouldn't go to the site at all, then I could get to the site, but if I tried to log on I'd get the SQL error again. Then it would let me get as far as log on, then give the SQL error. Once I got as far as reading the first update, then got the SQL error. I quit after numerous attempts. That was mid afternoon. Tried again Thursday evening, and everything worked just fine and has ever since. :?
Jim

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I got one error tonight while trying to post but just paged back from the error message and posted again and it went.

I really think something is going on with the server because my 64 Comet site is on the same server and it has the service that alerts me when it is down and it has gone down two or three times in the last few days and has not done that for a very long time, I will still reindex the DB sometime soon but send a ticket in as well.

I think it is pretty clear the issue is related to the server or SQL and not the users, that is why I asked just to make sure, it is a shared server I just hope they didn't decide to oversell it and now there are too many users on one server.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

One of the error messages I received several times said something about not enough resources or too many users or something like that.
Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

The other day I think it said bad gateway. it is still slow sometimes, like just a little bit ago when I got on.
Johno

comethead

Post by comethead »

The last week or so it's been on and off for me. Sometimes the page won't load or I get a SQL error? Other times it logs me off.
I get on here with my iPhone so maybe it's that.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

It is the server I am sure, if it doesn't resolve pretty quickly I will turn a ticket in, like I said earlier it is effecting my other sites as well, when this one is gone so are they.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread