Gloating!!

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
anoNY42

Gloating!!

Post by anoNY42 »

I changed out a CV axle on my 2000 [non-Ford] [non-Comet] and I just want to say that I am thankful for Florida cars! No rusty nuts and bolts, no corrosion, no PB Blaster. Things came apart and went together as the manufacturer intended...

On the other hand, I did have to put on my anti-Zika bugspray and keep my anti-Alligator tool (sharpened stick) handy while doing the job...

SASSY

Re: Gloating!!

Post by SASSY »

Well, I don't think any of us want,,,,,, rusty nuts,,,,,,, and I've been to your corner of the world for the Daytona 500,,,1983,,,before Bill Elliott's first win!
Nice place but I like where we live better, no gators or Zirka, lots a mountains and curves in the roads.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

anoNY42

Post by anoNY42 »

SASSY wrote:Nice place but I like where we live better, no gators or Zirka, lots a mountains and curves in the roads.
I do like mountains, but they would put a serious crimp in my bicycle commute to work.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I like just where I'm at,,,,,but if I HAD TO CHOOSE between the 2,,,,,,,I'd be FRED'S NEIGHBOR....... but am glad the skeeters and the gators left you alone............but I don't want any part of LOUSIANA either...not after seeing that GATOR huntin show on TV.. :shock: those suckers are bad to the bone :!: :shock: pop :wink:
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Beautiful pic Fred! :D
Johno

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

I wouldn't mind having Freds view either. Just not the cold winters. Beautiful country!
Ron

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

A summer retirement home up there with ol FRED wouldn't be bad......but then I'm coming back for the winter,,,,,,our winters are very liveable here..........pop
pop/glenda

albert

Post by albert »

SASSY wrote:Well, I don't think any of us want,,,,,, rusty nuts,,,,,,, and I've been to your corner of the world for the Daytona 500,,,1983,,,before Bill Elliott's first win!
Nice place but I like where we live better, no gators or Zirka, lots a mountains and curves in the roads.

Fred, your not sticking to your pledge as a Canadian to not let Americans know how nice it is in Canada, they already are all saying if so and so wins the election they are moving to Canada. Better get the wall started!
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Ya, there's 2 sides to every story,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Last edited by SASSY on Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

anoNY42 wrote: I do like mountains, but they would put a serious crimp in my bicycle commute to work.
Ya the bike doesn't get used around here like it did back in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan(my home town)
Fred

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Fred, if that windshield pic is in Saskatchewan, it looks like you could leave your car in neutral without the parking brake on and it would be right where you left forever. :lol: My dad used to deer hunt with an old guy from the north Georgia mountains. The guy went to Florida to visit a relative and said he didn't like it. He said "I could see so fer it made my eyes hurt!". :lol: :lol:
Jim

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Jims65cyclone wrote:Fred, if that windshield pic is in Saskatchewan, it looks like you could leave your car in neutral without the parking brake on and it would be right where you left forever. :lol: My dad used to deer hunt with an old guy from the north Georgia mountains. The guy went to Florida to visit a relative and said he didn't like it. He said "I could see so fer it made my eyes hurt!". :lol: :lol:
Jim
Think its somewhere around Leader Sk.
You can watch your dog run away for 3 days,,, lol
When I was in Florida driving from Tampa to Daytona Beach I thought it was the same as Sk 'cept the crops are taller!
Course it was Feb. so it was a bit warmer in Florida.
Fred

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Hey Fred how about you clean that windshield so the rest of us can see the dog run away!! :lol:
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

poboyjo65 wrote:Hey Fred how about you clean that windshield so the rest of us can see the dog run away!! :lol:
For a guy that believes in driving it hard and far,, the condition of that windshield is a badge of honor! :mrgreen:
That drive was 10-11hrs one way to visit some old friends and a shownshine in my home town.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Yea I was just ribbin ya Fred, mine looks worse & I haven't been anywhere. :lol:

Do you think you'll ever drive it down to Pigeon Forge?????
Johno