Forward Progress

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
comethead

Forward Progress

Post by comethead »

Well Im finally making progress on the 65 Caliente. I pulled the windshield, and drilled out the cowl panel. It wasnt too bad. It took my Dad and I about 3 hours, with two drills and 3 very expensive drill bits. The driver side cowl hat is in great shape, but the pass. side is done. I think some mice were living there at once. I bought a Mustang patch panel that will work when modified. I'll keep you posted with the progress. I'll try to get some pics posted too.
Joe
Image Image

Image Image
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

cyclone67

work

Post by cyclone67 »

keep goin man ya got alot of work ahead of you but it will be worth it in the end
Wade ``MERC MAN`` Robertson

Mercury Marc

Cowl Repair

Post by Mercury Marc »

Wow - cool pics-
That's the right way to repair the cowl. I patched mine from below - not as thorough as the way your'r doing it.
Marc in SF
63 Ragtop
http://mercurycomet.net

DicksClone

Cowl Repair

Post by DicksClone »

Currently attempting the same repair on a 63 Falcon Sprint. Made my own metal patches and am using plastic vent holes made for Mustangs. About $20.00 and they will not rust! Of course, my ideal plan is to never take it out in the rain or leave it uncovered when the leaves are falling. So rust should not be a problem in the future. BTW, I get removed door skins from a local body shop to make my patches from. Should be free for the asking.
Currently own a 63 Falcon Sprint Hardtop, a 63 Falcon Sprint Convertible & a 65 Mercury Comet Cyclone Clone. All are 4-Speed Cars

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I talked with comethead and we're going to put a tech article together on this, so Dick if you've got some input on this also that would be great.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

stang200

Post by stang200 »

Cool! Would this be the same way to repair a '66 Mustang?

I usually hangout over at FordSix.com but when I saw this post I thought I'd ask. I've never seen anyone over at FordSix post pictures of their cowl repair.

This is great!

-Chris

stang200

Post by stang200 »

Oh, one more thing...Lavron, can you change my screen name to stang200? Thanks.

-Chris

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Chris, done (but you may have already figured that out)

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

comethead

Post by comethead »

Yeah Chris, this is the same repair as a Mustang or Falcon. Matter of fact I did it on a MUstang about 4 years ago. Major pain in the rear, but worth it. As of today Im still at the same stage as the pictures above. I decided to finish up the floor pans. The left and right front floors are solid again, thanks to AutoKrafters floor patches and a Craftsman wire feed welder. Now to finish up the cowl........
Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed