Roy Pool

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
loman

Re: Roy Pool

Post by loman »

Very cool videos! Did Doug say what happened to Roy's car in the last video? I'm guessing he broke an axle or rear end since the wrecker picked up the back instead of the front. I know in the photos of Roy's car I seen on this site, he had removed the side bars and the Comet emblems on the trunk. In those videos, he still had them on. I also noticed the missing front bumper which I'm guessing was for weight and weight transfer. All of those old funny cars were cool. I was also impressed by the backwards truck pulling a wheelie for the whole 1/4 mile.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

LOTS A HAIR EVERYWHERE!!! LOL
Not the way I knew him,,,
Great vids thanks for sharing.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

loman wrote:Very cool videos! Did Doug say what happened to Roy's car in the last video?
He only said that he destroyed the driveline.
Johno

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

loman wrote:Very cool videos! Did Doug say what happened to Roy's car in the last video? I'm guessing he broke an axle or rear end since the wrecker picked up the back instead of the front.

I also noticed the missing front bumper which I'm guessing was for weight and weight transfer.
I was watching it again & I'd guess the bumper being off is another reason why the wrecker picked him up from the back. it was that old type wrecker with the 2 rubber slings designed to cradle the bumper.
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Ahhh! The days of hair and horsepower! 8)
Jim

comethead

Post by comethead »

Damn cool Johnnie thanks for posting.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed