Our 2017 SoCal vacation

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
poboyjo65

Re: Our 2017 SoCal vacation

Post by poboyjo65 »

Ron the way I use it is on a ''as needed '' basis, & I still use the bucket some. I would not try to do them all at once. You may want to do as I have done & separate them better In different albums. I had mine in the bucket all in one section,& was just slopped in there. :lol:

& when uploading pics from a file on your puter to either host (p.bucket or postimg), if you want to upload more than one pic at a time, ''hold'' the ''Ctrl'' button down while click/selecting pics.
Johno

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

poboyjo65 wrote:Ron the way I use it is on a ''as needed '' basis, & I still use the bucket some. I would not try to do them all at once. You may want to do as I have done & separate them better In different albums. I had mine in the bucket all in one section,& was just slopped in there. :lol:

& when uploading pics from a file on your puter to either host (p.bucket or postimg), if you want to upload more than one pic at a time, ''hold'' the ''Ctrl'' button down while click/selecting pics.
I tried it out and it works real nice. Much easier and faster than waiting on PB all the time. Much simpler to upload pics. Even the login is easier. PB is cantankerous and takes forever and sometimes takes several trys. PB LIKES to hijack the page to some other crap. Must be lot of iverhead in hiow PB works.
Tried the url upload but don't understand how that works so maybe not a feature that will benefit me in any way. Will take some time but I may transfer many of the photos to here.

Found out how to post pics to forum. Either from the pic in album, click on Share for menu to come up or click on pic for a larger pic to display and then click Share. Then highlight text line on "Hotlink for forums" then copy the whole line and paste to forum page. Then the pic will display just as doing that from PB.

Here's an example copied from Postimage:
Imagefree picture upload
Ron

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

That's the link I use hot link to forums. what I like about this host is it doesnt take forever to find my own pic on there. But I would suggest leaving pics on Pbucket too, That way you have 2 back ups, in case one site goes down. I thought this postimg site was going down last year but donations kept it running until they found a way to keep it up .

BTW, your pic looks a little blurry. like mine do if I resize them to a smaller pic then make them big again seems to do that,like it looses something. Have you resized it smaller then larger again?
Johno

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

poboyjo65 wrote:That's the link I use hot link to forums. what I like about this host is it doesnt take forever to find my own pic on there. But I would suggest leaving pics on Pbucket too, That way you have 2 back ups, in case one site goes down. I thought this postimg site was going down last year but donations kept it running until they found a way to keep it up .

BTW, your pic looks a little blurry. like mine do if I resize them to a smaller pic then make them big again seems to do that,like it looses something. Have you resized it smaller then larger again?
It does seem to work well. I think that particular pic I had enlarged too much that's why it's fuzzy. For me going larger brings out the fuzzyness in a pic. If I keep them about 800 x 600 they always look good. That one is 1024 x 596 which is too big. Was only a test.

Still waiting to hear from the people who run this site. Tried to sign up using another email address and they were supposed to send a temp password but never got it. Tried 3 times but still no password. Had to use a different email address to get it to work. Not the way I wanted to do it.

Will leave the PB alone as it's too much work to move everything. But this one is easier and works first time instead of all the hasstle to get PB loaded and ready to do things.
Ron

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Ron if you move any pics in your P.bucket they will disappear in any forums where you have that pic posted. It is much quicker to upload from your puter. that pic of yours is not too big. & if you put a small pic on the postimg it will automatically make it bigger,but will get blurrier,,unless you set something on your account to not resize them.
Johno

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

poboyjo65 wrote:Ron if you move any pics in your P.bucket they will disappear in any forums where you have that pic posted. It is much quicker to upload from your puter. that pic of yours is not too big. & if you put a small pic on the postimg it will automatically make it bigger,but will get blurrier,,unless you set something on your account to not resize them.
I never set anything to autimatically resize images. I like to do that myself.
I don't move any pics, just copy and paste. Or i would copy to a special folder then move them from there. I wish we could copy and paste to Comet Central directly like I do on other sites then I wouldn't need PB. But Postimage may work out to be the better site if it stays around.

By the way I like your working companion. At least he doesn't talk back or be the boss. Now if you could teach him how to wrench. Ha!
Ron

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

You always misunderstand me. :roll:
Johno

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

poboyjo65 wrote:You always misunderstand me. :roll:
You lost me, what did I misunderstand?
Ron

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

Comechero65 wrote:
poboyjo65 wrote:You always misunderstand me. :roll:
You lost me, what did I misunderstand?
Ron
What did I misunderstand?? My crytal ball is broken and my psychic is out of town.

Last time I will ask!!!

Ron