Our 2017 SoCal vacation

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Comechero65

Re: Our 2017 SoCal vacation

Post by Comechero65 »

Ok I'll give it a try. thanks.
Ron

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I can find the pic on my puter,download it to postimg & post it before I could even find the same pic in the pbucket, it (pbucket)is just slow lately for me.
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

poboyjo65 wrote:I can find the pic on my puter,download it to postimg & post it before I could even find the same pic in the pbucket, it (pbucket)is just slow lately for me.
I think it is because once we have a certain amount of stuff on there they try to get us to pay to use,,,,
I think the dog in your sig is used to work on chevs,,,,,, no hammers! Lol
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Fred there is a separate dog who carries nothing but hammers, & he is much bigger! :lol:

My bucket is 90 % full, so that's another reason to use two host. I still use the bucket for sigpics since it doesn't automatically resize the pics. postimg will unless you set it not to. I found that out the hard way. I kept sizing a pic down for a sigpic & upload to postimg & it would get bigger, I did it 2 -3 times before I got wise...er.
Johno

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

poboyjo65 wrote:Try this host Ron, it's the one Fred used on his last post.Joe & I have been using it some too.
https://postimage.io/
Well I tried it and the damb thing took over my computer and totally changed my home screen and then fought me on trying to uninstall it. Spent several hours and a slow running computer to get mine back to normal.
I think I'll just stick with PB till I find something better.

I always resize pics before uploading to PB. They always come out of my phone humungous in size. Though you can resize them in PB once you get them there.
Ron

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Sorry Ron. I've never heard of anything like that. Fred had some trouble getting it to work for him, I pm-ed him some pointers of how I do it, told him to hollar at Joe if he still couldn't do it. I dont know what he did finally but he got it. Ron did you create your own account?
maybe it was the kitchen spam guy ,could have possibly imbedded the link with a virus, who knows?

there are others, flickr, picture trail ....it's nice to have 2
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

will that dog run a rabbit?? we have a man in the deer camp that has a red one of those dogs and it will track a injured deer (coldtrail)....it's worth it's weight in gold,sure saves a lot of time searchin for it ,after the sun goes down
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Naw he wont run a rabbit,,,or go get you a beer but I wouldn't trade him for one who did. This dog knows the difference between a 9/16 wrench & 1/2'' just by the sound of it hitting the concrete. :lol: :lol: :lol: that's why I don't make him carry the BFH!!! :lol: :lol: :roll:
Johno

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

poboyjo65 wrote:Sorry Ron. I've never heard of anything like that. Fred had some trouble getting it to work for him, I pm-ed him some pointers of how I do it, told him to hollar at Joe if he still couldn't do it. I dont know what he did finally but he got it. Ron did you create your own account?
maybe it was the kitchen spam guy ,could have possibly imbedded the link with a virus, who knows?

there are others, flickr, picture trail ....it's nice to have 2
Never had a chance to create an account. You start the download process and you have no alternatives, it asks you to install what amounts to its' own browser page which eliminates the default page. Would not let me get to my normal browser. Had to go back and redo all the settings. It didn't want to uninstall and computer was running super slow. Had to do some scans and clean :oops: out to get it going again. It's either poorly designed software or may have had a virus, I don't know but will never try that one again.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Ron I just clicked on that link,,,did you click on a big green button that said start download? if so that is an ad, I think for some browser package. :lol: :lol: You need to watch what you click on any unfamiliar site ,& dont click on an advertisement.

at the top right of page is a small button that says ''sign up''
Johno

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Comechero65 wrote: Never had a chance to create an account. You start the download process and you have no alternatives, it asks you to install what amounts to its' own browser page which eliminates the default page. Would not let me get to my normal browser. Had to go back and redo all the settings. It didn't want to uninstall and computer was running super slow. Had to do some scans and clean :oops: out to get it going again. It's either poorly designed software or may have had a virus, I don't know but will never try that one again.
poboyjo65 wrote:Ron I just clicked on that link,,,did you click on a big green button that said start download? if so that is an ad, I think for some browser package. :lol: :lol: You need to watch what you click on any unfamiliar site ,& dont click on an advertisement.

Yea I looked at it again , You clicked on an ad try it again but watch what you click,dont click on an ad.
Johno

tweaked

Post by tweaked »

Cool stuff your finding Fred. Have a great and safe trip.
Roger
65 comet 7.61@96mph 1/8
Made in Canada, Built for speed.
Tweaked65 on instagram

https://youtu.be/JCVwEitXSi4

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

poboyjo65 wrote:Ron I just clicked on that link,,,did you click on a big green button that said start download? if so that is an ad, I think for some browser package. :lol: :lol: You need to watch what you click on any unfamiliar site ,& dont click on an advertisement.

I don't remember seeing the 'sign up' button. and yes I clicked on the big green button that said DOWNLOAD assuming that was the ap. And yes it became a browser. I try to be very careful before clicking on anything. Apparently I was fooled. Of course its not the first and probably not the last. I may take another look at but will be with extreme caution. Thanks.
Ron

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Ron dont click on anything that says ''download''. Downloading is putting something on your puter. sign & log in buttons both on top right. to put pics on it will say ''choose images'' or ''upload''.
Johno

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

poboy, Went back and tried it again and now it works right. Haven't uploaded any pics yet but got it going. Is there a simple way to copy from my PB account to this one? That would be nice to copy the whole folder instead of doing it one pic at a time. Thanks.
Ron