Spiders...

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
BJB

Spiders...

Post by BJB »

"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

albert

Re: Spiders...

Post by albert »

Bruce, thanks for sending, I loved that song. For years I have told my family and friends about funnel web spiders. In 1970-72 when I lived in Sydney - Wolharra we rented a small house on Grafton Street that was built in the late 1800's, it had all that beautiful wrought iron fancy work but the flush toilet was outdoors in an outhouse at the bottom of the yard/garden. We kept a stick and lifted up the seat to look for funnel web spiders before we sat down. My pommie wife was scared and every time she had to go I would go down to that toilet and check it out for her. I also remember the stone fish, tiger snakes, and other strange dangerous creatures that I encountered when I did a safari trip around your beautiful country.
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

BJB

Post by BJB »

Albert, you are the man, as us Victorians ( referred to as Mexicans by the NSWelshmen and Queenslanders...) don't have the funnel web spiders and thank Christ for that.

As if we need another critter that is only designed to kill ya.....

Cheers Albert,...you know we need to meet one day and share a frothy or two.... :)

Bruce
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

albert

Post by albert »

BJB wrote:Albert, you are the man, as us Victorians ( referred to as Mexicans by the NSWelshmen and Queenslanders...) don't have the funnel web spiders and thank Christ for that.

As if we need another critter that is only designed to kill ya.....

Cheers Albert,...you know we need to meet one day and share a frothy or two.... :)

Bruce
Yes Bruce, would surely like to meet you one day............for sure mate!
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust