Funny...kinda!

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Rocket989

Funny...kinda!

Post by Rocket989 »

FFS!! So I was working on the T5...basically getting the bracket put on for the external slave cylinder... Drilling the holes with the bell on is a PITA. It's on the bench so take the bell off... Well, apparently the bro used 3 non-flanged bolts when assembling. Those familiar with a T5 know that a 19mm bolt head ain't easy to get off the upper right (pass side)... And the brother is not much for torque wrenches outside of heads...(f'ing tight is common to hear)... :shock:

You can see it comin'!! I had squeezed a 19mm wrench on...only fit about halfway on the bolt head...and was cranking the crap out of it. Wrench slips off...both it and my fist wrapped tightly around said wrench hit my face with no small amount of force...like most things...in slo-mo..."Awww, crap...that's gonna leave a mark but no time to move...!" Split the lip good and did rock me back a wee bit...though Pop taught us to never go down or IF you do, get right the h*** back up! :D :lol: I got the bolt out with an 18" extension & impact (whacked the socket on!)...

When I talked to the brother I "thanked" him for not using the right flanged bolts...response was "What...probably used a f'ing deck screw?!?" Yeah, he doesn't much like rowing the gears...this modded-up T5 came out for a C4 in his 'Stang...

No pics, sorry...! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: And tomorrow is my wedding anniversary so I'll enjoy gumming supper!! Ah, it's all good...wouldn't be workin' on the car if something didn't get dinged or scraped!! :mrgreen:
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

comethead

Re: Funny...kinda!

Post by comethead »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
These cars are trying to kill us!!
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Well Rocket, it's kinda good to hear I'm not the only guy who does that kinda stuff!
I think an over abundance of confidence is the problem, for me anyway.
I think I can
, I think I can,,, think again,, lol
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Loner

Post by Loner »

OUCH!! I hate when that happens!!!
Bad decisions do make good stories. :lol:

Matt

redhotcomet

Post by redhotcomet »

Loner wrote:OUCH!! I hate when that happens!!!
Bad decisions do make good stories. :lol:

Matt
And chicks dig scars!
1964 Caliente hardtop, 302/T5/8.8"

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Hehehe - dumb usually does = ouch... :)

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

MY 66 HAS HURT ME SO MANY TIMES I USUALLY SAY THANK YOU TO IT WHEN IT HAPPENS.MY SON SAYS I HAVE LEARNED TO LOVE THE PAIN
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

True that...can't even pick up a wrench without hurtin' something!! :D :lol:

Loner

Post by Loner »

I had a 20" kind of stripped out Snap-on ratchet. I just couldn't let go of it. I knew in this one horse town that one day it and the Snap-on man would end up together in the same place.
After 5 or 6 times of blood letting with it,,,it grew wings and flew off the hill to the S.E. I sure wish it would bring my 7/8 socket back. :|