Photobucket :x

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
popscomet

Re: Photobucket :x

Post by popscomet »

FELLAS,THERE NOTHING IN THIS WORLD NOW ADAYS ...FREE......it's all about that DOLLAR !!! I jumped a dead battery the other day,and that young couple could not get over me not wanting to get paid any money....I told them all I wanted was a smile from her and a hand shake from him and their word that they would pass the deed forward...rather they do it or not ,I'll never know...the good deed rests on their shoulders,,I left the parking lot feeling pretty darn good and made it home safely and without a hitch,,,so the good LORD paid me....
pop/glenda

Groover

Post by Groover »

lavron wrote:Ok this looks interesting, can anybody tell me what the issue they see with this if they know?

https://chevereto.com/hosting

If folks were willing to pay the $47 or even the $82 (don't think that would be required unless the speed was of interest) I mean unless I mis-read this if 10 people wanted to pay $5 a year we could host our own pictures, 20 would be $2.50 a year and on and on.

If you guys are interested I will pursue this and if so would you want to make everyone pay that used it or once the money was there let everyone use it?

See Ya,
Mike
Mike,

I'm looking at it and will get back with comments.

Meanwhile, reading their forums, I found this potentially useful info for people who want to download their photof@ucket files to their own computer:

Use Chrome browser. Install the chrome extension Download Photobucket Album. This will allow you to quickly download complete photobucket albums, otherwise impossible. Here's the link to it https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...m ... iews?hl=en
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I saw that Goover, there seems to be much displeasure with PB out on the interwebs :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Groover

Post by Groover »

lavron wrote:I saw that Goover, there seems to be much displeasure with PB out on the interwebs :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
Do you know if we can use Dropbox, Google Drive, or One Drive to share photos this way?

Seems many folks might have those accounts and then people would control their own destiny with their accounts.

Looks like Chevereto is legit and their community is fairly active. Too bad there isn't a similar service called Fordorama ;)
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Groover wrote:Do you know if we can use Dropbox, Google Drive, or One Drive to share photos this way?
I checked those 3 and even if it is possible it is very difficult kludgy to do, I don't think anyone would want to try :roll:

I have been using my sig pict to test with and so far I have not been able to get it to show up.

I guess whatever solution needs to be simple.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

This may be forever known as the day PhotoBucket broke the internet, I wonder if their plan all along was to get a bunch of photos on their site so they could hold us all for ransom, well not going to happen with me even if they came out and said never mind it will stay free.
popscomet wrote:I HATE NOT getting to do WHAT I WANT TO,,I do not like being told...you can't do that...just like I reg my boat every year,,that way I can put it in any state owned or federal body of water....no one can tell me no !! I'd rather eat a bowl of cottage cheese then to be told YOU CAN'T DO THAT,,and that stuff makes me puke..
I am with Pops on this I like that once the hassle is over of switching it will be our site, our destiny unless the host decides to bend us over in the future but I paid for two years so we will see.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

tell how much and where to send help paying for that 2yrs,,,POP
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote:tell how much and where to send help paying for that 2yrs,,,POP
I think I posted earlier it was $140ish for the two years, anyone that wants to contribute just PayPal me or hand me some cash next time you see me, I am not too worried about it, anything over I will put towards stuff like T-Shirts, calendars, etc. to help lower the cost of those for individuals or I will fix my Comet up really nice :P :lol:

In the whole scope of things I am really ahead and the benefit of being able to host pictures, I have been paying $85 every three months for the last 15 years or so, don't calculate that and tell me how much that is, I don't want to know :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

And whoever (John?) has Pop's Sig picture, send it too me and I thing I can fix it for him.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Here ya go;
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

lavron wrote:And whoever (John?) has Pop's Sig picture, send it too me and I thing I can fix it for him.

See Ya,
Mike
thanks,MIKE !!!.....you did good ! POP
pop/glenda

BJB

Post by BJB »

I let my photobucket account lapse and they hounded me, almost shamed me to renew. I found them to be too expensive to continue considering the recommended packages they were suggesting. Then they offered me discounted packages , on special... But perhaps that was just to lasso me in and then hit me with further fees. I'm using imgur at the moment and it has been ok...
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

I started the painstaking process of relinking all my photos! :x Starting with this forum (of course!) and w/ my build thread. Gonna take awhile and I'll keep going from there & once I get all the stuff I can readily find updated, I'll do it on the spot as threads come up. PB can kiss my a**!!
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Just to make it clear, I have set up a photo hosting site as part of Comet Central, it is running on the same server as the Forum/Website, if you want to re-link pictures I can give you the address but I still have not written instructions for it yet, it is fairly self explanatory.

Let me know, PM me or whatever is you are itching to start using it.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread