Photobucket :x

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Lou's Comet

Re: Photobucket :x

Post by Lou's Comet »

Boy that sucks...... Already had to redo my pictures when Comcast dumped the personal web page/space. Now if photobucket doesn't let me link the photos gonna have to do it again, and not something I really want to do again :(

For those of you that have a domain, do you have to have a web page service too? Or can you just use the domain for a picture storage. Not sure how to word it but when you buy the domain do they have internet base software to publish webpage and picture files or do you have to buy it too.

What Doug has seems like the way to go, I can't be reloading pictures over and over again..... Don't these people know we have Comets to build ;) we don't have time for this crap!

Any help or advise with the domain thing greatly appreciated.

Lou

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Lou's Comet wrote:Boy that sucks...... I can't be reloading pictures over and over again..... Don't these people know we have Comets to build ;) we don't have time for this crap!

Lou
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you getting ready to spray it?
Johno

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

poboyjo65 wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you getting ready to spray it?
Yea! Spent today cleaning my shop, throwing away stuff and organizing stuff to give me the room to take the car all back apart to paint.

Want to be painting ....something.....anything... By the end of the month.

Now not sure where to put pictures:( guess I will start with post image. Afraid to touch my photobucket and lose them but prob going to lose them anyhow.

I could see like $10@ month if it also got rid of the ad's and sped it up some, but $400@yr screw that.

Lou

Boatmangc

Post by Boatmangc »

Yup, mines dead too, 10+ years of photos and videos held for ransom....
1967 Caliente Hardtop Small Block
Factory A/C
Factory Front discs
Factory AM/FM

MattDoscher

Post by MattDoscher »

I don't have enough hosting space.

See Ya,
Mike
There needs to be an easier way on this site to share pics w/ everyone. We shouldn't have to rely on other sites to post pics here. Even when you resize your pic to the required 256kb the site still says the pic sharing quota has already been met.

Matt
1965 Comet Caliente Convertible
5H25T582252

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Mine went dead too. Those greedy jerks! :evil: after I dealt with all their slow ads. :x
Johno

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Yep I am seeing lots of broken links out there on the inter webs really sucks when you want to see how someone is doing something.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I just got the email notice that Photobucket was going to put the kibosh on my pictures, sorry not paying $400 a year, I may just move all my photos over to my 64comet.com site and relink and just close my Photobucket account in protest :?

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I think they want people to close accounts . I'm just gonna leave all my pics in there in protest. :lol: :lol: I have them all on my puter & on film cards so it will save me from trying to figure out how to get them all out of PB.
Johno

Groover

Post by Groover »

So as many of us are loosing our Photof@cket links, it has me wondering...

Mike/Lavron...

If we're going to have to pay something, is there a way to upgrade the site and we pay the site instead of some third party?

I don't want to go through the trouble of moving them to another source just to have it happen again. I see why they want to get paid something, but if I'm going to pay, I'd rather pay this site (admin) and have some control over what happens to us.

I've always liked the idea of my grandkids finding my build thread years from now and thinking, "damn, grandpa was crazy to go through all that!"

Thoughts?
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

Loner

Post by Loner »

My photobucket still works. I have been using it for about 15 years and I have never payed a dime. Seems funny that it still works me not paying and all? The adds have been out of control for awhile. Started using Postimage like Johno and haven't looked back.

Matt

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Groover wrote:If we're going to have to pay something, is there a way to upgrade the site and we pay the site instead of some third party?
I would not have a problem with that but I haven't a clue how much space/bandwidth we would be looking at so I have no idea what the cost would be :roll:

I am working right now setting up a gallery page for my stuff so maybe I can determine it after that, I just don't want to turn around every few years or months and tell everyone to pony up for more space.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Ok this looks interesting, can anybody tell me what the issue they see with this if they know?

https://chevereto.com/hosting

If folks were willing to pay the $47 or even the $82 (don't think that would be required unless the speed was of interest) I mean unless I mis-read this if 10 people wanted to pay $5 a year we could host our own pictures, 20 would be $2.50 a year and on and on.

If you guys are interested I will pursue this and if so would you want to make everyone pay that used it or once the money was there let everyone use it?

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

POP ..don't post pic's,,but count me in to help lower the cost,,for those who do....at least if one day I want to post a picture,,I can cause I HATE NOT getting to do WHAT I WANT TO,,I do not like being told...you can't do that...just like I reg my boat every year,,that way I can put it in any state owned or federal body of water....no one can tell me no !! I'd rather eat a bowl of cottage cheese then to be told YOU CAN'T DO THAT,,and that stuff makes me puke..
pop/glenda

Loner

Post by Loner »

Should of keep my mouth shut. My photo bucket is gone now also.

Matt