COMET CENTRAL FUNDING

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
lavron
Site Admin

COMET CENTRAL FUNDING

Post by lavron »

I know many of you have asked about helping to support the Comet Central Website/Forum. With the changes going on right now I decided that it was a good time to give you the opportunity to help out if you want, do not feel obligated to donate anything the site will be here whether you pay or not as long as I can keep it here.

As everyone knows we are free from advertising or anything else to help alleviate cost to me, I do not make any money whenever I make items like calendars, t-shirts, license plates, etc. anything like that I do because I want them and I think others might as well, so never do I pay myself for the time I work on them, none of that is complaining, I wouldn't do it if I didn't enjoy it, just letting everyone know that might not.

Comet Central Forum was founded on November 1, 2003 and has been free to everyone (well except me :P ) and will remain so as long as I am around to see that happens, starting very soon we will be offering photo hosting as well, it is currently being tested before "someone" writes up an instruction post on using it, I will let you know that with the photo server you will be able to direct link pictures to other sites as well, not just Comet Central, but please keep it to yourselves, my hope is not to have to deal with outsiders registering and slowing down the server for us, I don't mind you use it for posting your pictures other places as well.

Matt (Loner) came up with the idea of offering Comet related items to sell to other members with the money going to the Website expenses, so he has posted some '65 Comet Trunk Letters to get things going, he is doing an "auction" sort of sale and offering them with no minim price, at the end of the time he set, the highest "bidder" will send the money to Comet Central (me) either by PayPal or PM me for my address, and as soon as the money is received I will contact the seller and they will ship the item to the purchaser, shipping cost will be between the buyer and seller and separate. I will also hold the money for a certain period in case there is an issue and if the buyer could let me know they are satisfied it would be appreciated.

Others are welcome to come up with other processes, just bounce the idea off me first via PM as Matt did. then he took over and has started it rolling 8)

My PayPal is https://paypal.me/CometCentral if you just want to donate, also PM me if you want my physical address to send money or, I'm serious, stuff to help my Comet project (PM me before doing it though and don't surprise me) because anything I don't spend on my project goes to stuff like Comet Central. There is no amount too small or too large or nothing at all as far as that goes, don't feel compelled and if you want your donation private let me know.

Thanks everyone :P

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

comethead

Re: COMET CENTRAL FUNDING

Post by comethead »

Ill post up some parts for the forum auction Mike.
Also, I'll PayPal my donation soon.

Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

comethead

Post by comethead »

And DAYUM this thing is fast now! 8)
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Thanks to everyone who donated so far it is appreciated.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

Jimmy Joe San Diego

Post by Jimmy Joe San Diego »

I wold like to donate, I am very new ( last night to be exact) I have a 1964 and am looking for referrals for some parts, is there etiquette I need to know about or a certain section i should go to ?

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Jimmy we are a pretty loose group here, but if you are looking for parts post it in the "Wanted" section.

You can also look in the "Buy, Sell, Trade" section and see if someone has already posted something.

And if you are looking for advice you can usually post that under your Comet Year section. No one will jump all over you if you ask a question that has already been answered but you might search the forum first, I know sometimes you still can't find the answer even though it is there and someone will help.

Welcome on.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

Jimmy Joe San Diego

Post by Jimmy Joe San Diego »

I really appreciate the help, it has been fun so far, lots of people reaching out and offering advice. thanks again

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I want to thank everyone again that has donated to the cause, it is much appreciated.

THANK YOU!

Mike
Mike's build thread