Why I sold my 65 Comet

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
albert

Why I sold my 65 Comet

Post by albert »

I wanted to let everyone know I reluctantly sold my beautiful 65 Caliente last week. At almost 72 yr old I have been having arthritis and knee pain and can no longer operate the clutch properly (especially because mine was a cable clutch for the Tremec 5 speed). I sold my car to a local friend that has been after me for a long time to buy my car. I have advised him to join the Forum. A 1969 Mustang Mach 1 in candy apple red with an automatic is now in my garage. It needs some TLC by refreshing the chrome, interior, wiring issues etc, but it has good bones with no rust and a straight body. The nice part is I still get to see my old car at the local car shows and events! I have really enjoyed everyone on this Forum, your really a nice group of people willing to help our hobby and I will miss not being on here. Pop, I am not going to put Cragars on the Mustang, I will likely stay stock or go with 15" Magnum 500'S. Trust you will all stay health and happy :) :) :) :mrgreen: :D Personal regards Albert
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

poboyjo65

Re: Why I sold my 65 Comet

Post by poboyjo65 »

I hope you stick around,nice having a guy who helped build these cars,whether there's a comet in your garage or not. Love to see your stang ,show us some pics! :D
Johno

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

poboyjo65 wrote:I hope you stick around,nice having a guy who helped build these cars,whether there's a comet in your garage or not.
I agree, it really is about the group helping each other you don't have to go, we know you are a Comet guy at heart.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

You might not have a Comet anymore, but you still got a noggin full of Comet experience and advice to share. Don't be a stranger. Besides, we have a Comet's Ford Sisters forum, and we'd love to follow the progress on your new ride. Take care.
Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

ALBERT...do not leave us !! post pic's of the 'stang,,,I want to see them,,,,,,you are important to all of us.......500's will look the best on a stang... :wink: honest to good ness,,just a couple of hrs ago,my son told me out in my shop....DAD if ever you get to the point you can't drive your comet witth the 4spd,,,I'll put you an AT in it so you can......POP understands your reason for selling your comet,,,I have the same aches and pains,,,I just hate you had to.....take care and GOD BLESS !! POP
pop/glenda

BJB

Post by BJB »

Albert, you could of purchased an ' 59 FC :D

All the best mate

Bruce
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

i have the same issues at 54.my knees are shot,but im going to put my 4 speed back in and drive it that way as long as i can.Albert,what engine do you have in your 69,which is one of my top 3 favorite body styles!
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

albert

Post by albert »

Thank you for all the kind comments, I have asked Wayne who bought my car to join the Forum, he sold his 1940 Ford to get my Comet. That must have been a tough decision. My new ride is a 1969 Mustang Mach 1, candy apple red, 351 Windsor 4bbl, black interior, automatic, AC, PS, PB. The car sat for several years on jack stands. Car has always been garaged with many years spent in Texas and then NY State. The car rand Ok when I got it with a new gas tank and some other stuff to get it going again. The body is straight and no rust, paint is Ok but needs some snotty areas taken care off, AC, heater removed from car, wiring a nightmare, engine bay filthy, chrome needs replacing. For me this is all fairly easy stuff to take off but I will get help from a 40 yr old friend who works on Mustangs. We will remove engine go through it. clean stuff up and make the engine bay look good. Will replace AC/Heater system, not sure what I will do regarding staying original or go with an aftermarket package, probably the latter. Bringing this car back will be a lot of fun!
Albert's 65 289, polar white, black buckets, 5 speed, Autolite 4100, ps, pb, factory tach, crites hood, headers, dual exhaust

Loner

Post by Loner »

I sure hope you stick around Albert. I would hate to see you go just becuse you dont own a Comet anymore.Please get a thread started on your Stang in the Fords sisters part of the forum.

Matt

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Loner wrote:I sure hope you stick around Albert. I would hate to see you go just becuse you dont own a Comet anymore.Please get a thread started on your Stang in the Fords sisters part of the forum.

Matt
This!
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)