Cleaning the Shed

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
lavron
Site Admin

Cleaning the Shed

Post by lavron »

I have been trying to get my shed a bit organized and cleaned up the last few days, it is a real pit, mostly stuff was just shoved in there to get it out of storage rental and before that the stuff was shoved in boxes to get it out of the house we sold pronto, of course then my dad passed away and I ended up cleaning out some of his stuff from his shop and piling it on top of my stuff, anyway my shed still is not finished, it has no front and no door on the back so there is nothing to keep varmints, etc. out and you know rats love me, or they love to chew on my stuff and poop everywhere.

I moved some boxes, or the remnants of boxes off one pallet and was greeted by this, kinda scary.

And there was even a little buddy behind it, so far I am ok with stuff like this just not the long slithery kind.

There was a millipede or centipede (long with lots of legs) under there as well, mr froggy ate him :P

All is not bad, because I found this and do not even remember buying it.

I believe this is the drivers side floor patch, I already have toe boards for both sides, I really am glad I did not buy another.

The other thing I found was my replacement steering wheel, just a couple of small cracks next to the hub, it is kinda grungy but I will give it a quick bath and put a pict up later if I don't come down with bubonic plague first :shock:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Lip Ripper

Re: Cleaning the Shed

Post by Lip Ripper »

Oh I need to do the same. Maybe when the Falcon is done. I get little surprises all the time looking for what I cannot find.

There's the VW shelves, the 66/67 Comet/Fairlane shelves, The Cyclone dedicated shelf, FE dedicated, and of course leftovers from AMC, MOPAR, GMC Motorhome (FWD Olds powered) and who knows what else. I did list a Holley Haystack that I removed from a 56 Mercury parts car back around 1982 on ebay recently and got more for it than I paid for the car way back when.

Stacey
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

redhotcomet

Post by redhotcomet »

Jackpot! Gotta love finding parts you didn't know you had. I only seem to look for parts that I already got rid of :lol:

My workshop is also an ongoing project. Always shuffling things around to work on what needs to be done first.
1964 Caliente hardtop, 302/T5/8.8"

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I guess I should open that box and make sure they sent me the right part 10 or 12 years ago :roll: :lol: If you guys haven't figured it out by now I am terrible about getting parts in and just sticking them on the self without even opening the package :?

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

redhotcomet

Post by redhotcomet »

For me, getting parts in is like Christmas! I gotta open them up, check them out, admire them, etc. Or get mad when they send the wrong stuff!! :roll:
1964 Caliente hardtop, 302/T5/8.8"

BJB

Post by BJB »

One of my transition to retirement projects is to build a couple of sheds. I have taken long service leave and I may retire at the end of it or apply for part time . The long awaited projects are now off the back burner.

When my dad passed I just couldn't throw out his tools even though I had more than enough. He had 7 hammers.... Who has 7 hammers? My brother in law , sister in law and their daughter stayed for 6 months whilst they house hunted so I made room in my cluttered garage . Junk piled up on junk. I have some friends throw out anything they haven't used in the last 12 months. Not me I tend to hang onto stuff just in case I may need it.

No one is going to do a hoarder shame show on me..... Not yet.

Bruce
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

BJB wrote:I have some friends throw out anything they haven't used in the last 12 months. Not me I tend to hang onto stuff just in case I may need it.
You are a long way away but I think we might be related :P

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

POP IS IN THE SAME BOAT ,it hurts me to throw something away,,even a short piece of tail light wire :wink:
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

I think we may all be related. My basement has digressed to a circular pig-path that goes around the central staircase. :roll: It's always had all my wood working equipment down there, but like Bruce, when my dad passed I ended up with all of his wood working equipment and most of his car shop tools and equipment, too. I could put the whole neighborhood up on jack stands, then there's the 60 gallon compressor, torch set, welder, hydraulic press, etc., etc. Then, a friend remodeled his kitchen and offered me 23 feet of wall cabinets for free. Yeah, they're piled up down there, too. As part of our house remodel, I added an attached double carport beside our double garage. I'm going to finish it out as an enclosed garage/workshop for the Comet, and a lot of that stuff will go in there. Till then, I'll just suffer with the pig-path basement, 'cause you can't get rid of good stuff. :lol: :lol:
Jim

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Jims65cyclone wrote: I could put the whole neighborhood up on jack stands
:lol: :lol: :lol: I kept finding jack stands today, I was worried because i used one to prop the wood splitter up because it had one flat tire, the worry ceased when I found five more :lol: :lol: :lol:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

lavron wrote:
Jims65cyclone wrote: I could put the whole neighborhood up on jack stands
:lol: :lol: :lol: I kept finding jack stands today, I was worried because i used one to prop the wood splitter up because it had one flat tire, the worry ceased when I found five more :lol: :lol: :lol:
Among the ones I have from my dad are 4 that were made from the half-axle housings from Model-A Fords. They were plentiful back in the day. Set it flange side down, weld a slightly bent piece of flat bar on top as a saddle and a rebar handle on the side, and you had a jack stand. :idea:
Jim

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Jims65cyclone wrote:Among the ones I have from my dad are 4 that were made from the half-axle housings from Model-A Fords
I have a couple of screw type jacks from my dad, they look a lot like the model A ones except they are actual jacks, cast iron with a big screw that you turn with a bar, we always called them house jacks because I think that is what they are made for I believe.

I opened the box with the floor patch in it, it is the correct, left side panel, there was an invoice/packing slip inside, I bought it 2003 :roll: Which, incidentally, was the year I started Comet Central :P

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

bigdan

Post by bigdan »

So its not just me! :mrgreen: I filled up a 2 car garage, built a 2 car carport on to that, ran out of room again, so I built a 36x48x12, and now I'm half - seriously eyeing locations to put a little paint shop. I do have all of my 65 parts in one generalized 25' area, so I find them when I'm not looking for them. Isn't this hobby great!? :mrgreen: Silly enough I did the math once and can park 10-12 cars out of the weather, but I feel cramped LOL

Dan
Long time search complete, 65 Cyclone project in progress!

BJB

Post by BJB »

We need help ... :)
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

BJB wrote:We need help ... :)
OL POP,don't need or want any help that would cause me to get rid of my STASH !! :shock: :D :wink: :!: :!: :!: .....
pop/glenda