Pertronix Second_Strike

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Lip Ripper

Pertronix Second_Strike

Post by Lip Ripper »

Well, I was intrigued by the Pertronix Second Strike CD module so I pulled the trigger on one. I like the idea of the rpm limiter with the T5 so I can keep it matted and shift. And the idea of multiple sparks on the combustion side all through the rpm range really (sparks) my interest. The secondary strike is also adjustable. Review to come in the fall since I'm working on getting the car ready for paint.
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

Comechero65

Re: Pertronix Second_Strike

Post by Comechero65 »

From all that I have read it should be a damb fine ign system. I run the Pert III which has some of the same features. Doesn't have the CAO adjustment and not as simple to set the rev limiter but the feature is there.
In the beginning I had an Accell 300 in mine which is similar in many ways to the Second Strike but would not support my MSD timing control module. Neither would the Pert I but the Pert III does support it so that's what I have stayed with. Am very happy with the Pertronix products.
Ron