a beacon of susnshine in dark days

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Kingspeedy2

a beacon of susnshine in dark days

Post by Kingspeedy2 »

I would just like to take this opportunity once again to thank all you guys for your posts and help ,I have been wrenching on stuff since I was 13 so that's 37 years now . have been a diesel mechanic ,I am a journey man machinist and journeyman millwright .I have worked on small instruments up to container ships and I learn something every day from this site. as although I have had 40 cars my 65 is my first full on resto and my first FORD (some may say I am a slow learner)
I work away from home 2 weeks out of 4 and since I can work on my project I love these build threads and watching others work progressing there stuff.
I look forward to all the new posts and get excited to work on my own car when I am home
We may not be solving the worlds problem here but with all this crap going on in The world today and the crap that gets put on the Internet I think this is a fantastic site .I think it would be a much better place if we all just got a project..a 65 cause they are better

lavron
Site Admin

Re: a beacon of susnshine in dark days

Post by lavron »

Kingspeedy2 wrote:a 65 cause they are better
That may cause some debate here :roll: but, otherwise, I totally agree with you, I have been thinking the same thing lately, we see so many things going on in the world that are depressing, we have so much political turmoil.

It is great to escape here where the biggest controversies are which wheels you have on your Comet, which direction your headlights stack or if putting a bowtie on a Ford is a good Idea (it is not btw).

I don't know most folks political leanings, if they like the president or hate him, what color, race or creed someone is, or anything else, and I don't care, we are here to talk about and work on Comets, we help each other and we get good ideas from each other.

I am sure people here have strong opinions about the state of the world today, I know I do, but really we need stuff that unites as human beings and Comets are a pretty good place to start 8) Everything else is secondary around here or not important for at least a few minutes of our lives

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Santa's Comet

Post by Santa's Comet »

I agree!!! Talking Comets, reading about Comets, and working on my Comet
gets my mind off the crazy world around us!!!
NP Dave

BJB

Post by BJB »

.... And lets not mention why you guys drive on the wrong side of the road from the wrong side of the car....:). .. Let's not.
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

BJB wrote:.... And lets not mention why you guys drive on the wrong side of the road from the wrong side of the car....:). .. Let's not.
Pretty sure we drive on the RIGHT side of the road :lol:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

lavron wrote: .............where the biggest controversies are which wheels you have on your Comet, which direction your headlights stack .......................
Controversy on wheels ???? What..when?? Must have missed that....LOL

Seriously, it is a great place and really enjoy the site!!

Lou

BJB

Post by BJB »

lavron wrote:
BJB wrote:.... And lets not mention why you guys drive on the wrong side of the road from the wrong side of the car....:). .. Let's not.

See Ya,
Mike

:)

I drove in OH. TX . CA . AZ . Italy and France and you really have to concentrate where you are on the right hand lanes on this planet at the time. When I got home I was worried that I would forget what side of the road was correct..... :).

PS US cars were RHD in the early days.

Bruce

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

BJB wrote:
lavron wrote:

See Ya,
Mike

:)

I drove in OH. TX . CA . AZ . Italy and France and you really have to concentrate where you are on the right hand lanes on this planet at the time. When I got home I was worried that I would forget what side of the road was correct..... :).

PS US cars were RHD in the early days.

Bruce
BRUCE, WHAT SIDE of the road are your mailbox's on ??? :shock: :roll: :? :lol: :lol: :lol: pop
pop/glenda

BJB

Post by BJB »

Hi Pop. Are you talking about rural or suburbs. Rural have RMB ( road side mail box) on both sides of the road I believe and mail boxes in the suburbs are located at the end of the driveway. I notice your USPS delivery vans are RHD but that makes sense for ease of access for the driver when making deliveries. Our normal mail is delivered by postal workers riding small step through motorcycles .

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

I owned several cars in Japan and a couple with steering wheel on the right side and drove on the left side. Took some readjusting to driving on the right when I came back to the states. Even caught myself turning a corner in downtown San Jose from a one way street to a two way street and ending up on the wrong side. What surprise that was. Didn't long to break that habit.
Ron

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

BJB wrote:Hi Pop. Are you talking about rural or suburbs. Rural have RMB ( road side mail box) on both sides of the road I believe and mail boxes in the suburbs are located at the end of the driveway. I notice your USPS delivery vans are RHD but that makes sense for ease of access for the driver when making deliveries. Our normal mail is delivered by postal workers riding small step through motorcycles .
what I MEAN,is over here,,,our rural mail carries either have to slid across the seat or drive from the middle and operate the brake and gas with their left foot...OR,,,drive a special equipped jeep that has either 2 set ups lhd or rhd,or just RHD,,OL POP was just curious,,,,we started off being RHD yrs ago,,but we saw the mistake and went to LHD...maybe cause the majorty of us are right handed :shock: :roll: I can still shift a 4spd pretty dang good,,but I'd sure hate to have to do it with my left arm....but as we all are aware of when you call in the dogs and piss on the fire,it boils down to what you grew up and learn from an early age,,,thanks BRUCE and take care.....ol pop
pop/glenda

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Comechero65 wrote:I owned several cars in Japan and a couple with steering wheel on the right side and drove on the left side. Took some readjusting to driving on the right when I came back to the states. Even caught myself turning a corner in downtown San Jose from a one way street to a two way street and ending up on the wrong side. What surprise that was. Didn't long to break that habit.
Ron
to much beer will cause that also.....pop
pop/glenda

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

popscomet wrote:
Comechero65 wrote:I owned several cars in Japan and a couple with steering wheel on the right side and drove on the left side. Took some readjusting to driving on the right when I came back to the states. Even caught myself turning a corner in downtown San Jose from a one way street to a two way street and ending up on the wrong side. What surprise that was. Didn't long to break that habit.
Ron
Ha Ha, yes that could though would not be a good time to get stopped or in an accident. Fortunately that wasn't the case. More what you have been accustomed to and a lack of concentration. Habits are hard to break sometimes. Wakes you up quick when you see cars coming right at you.
Ron

BJB

Post by BJB »

Comechero65 wrote:
popscomet wrote:
Ron
Ha Ha, yes that could though would not be a good time to get stopped or in an accident. Fortunately that wasn't the case. More what you have been accustomed to and a lack of concentration. Habits are hard to break sometimes. Wakes you up quick when you see cars coming right at you.
Ron
My wife and I were in Italy , near Sienna and i had to do a U turn on a country road. When I did the u turn I forgot where I was and only realized I was on the wrong side of the road when I saw a car heading towards us. How long had we been driving on the incorrect side??????? Well it certainly shook us up and you know , I never realised my wife knew such words. :)

Bruce.

Comechero65

Post by Comechero65 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ron