Custom Autosound Radio

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
StPro

Custom Autosound Radio

Post by StPro »

Is anyone using a Custom Autosound Radio in their Comet? I am more interested in one with the blue tooth. As I have gotten older I find I like new the technologies like the Bluetooth in my work truck. I was out on the avenue Saturday night in the Torino and being on call for work I had 4 calls when I was cruising around. Once I stopped I had to go back into voicemail and call everyone back and answer the simplest service questions.
I would like to know if it integrates well into the system or is a pain to use. Stock AM radios have to go. I would like to keep a stock appearance. I had an aftermarket radio in the car I put in as a last minute stereo for the Power Tour. I didn’t like it hanging under the dash so I yanked it and installed it into the car trailer for at the track. Does anyone have any input ?
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT

Comechero65

Re: Custom Autosound Radio

Post by Comechero65 »

I believe some of the Custom Auto Sound radios have bluetooth but never tried one. Have had one of their radios in a Mustang but that was years ago. Have read good and bad reports about thier products. Mine quit working as the display unit looses its connections after sitting for many years. Could be cleaned up and made to work again but its tedious work.
Ron

StPro

Post by StPro »

I think I am going to try one. The price point is not as bad some others or sending the stock radio in to be converted.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
70 Torino GT

StPro

Post by StPro »

I installed the custom autosound radio in the 70 Torino last night. The radio sounds great and the bluetooth works
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
70 Torino GT