street outlaws

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
fryedaddy

street outlaws

Post by fryedaddy »

im going to go see street outlaws at bristol dragway-thunder valley today.i wish i could drive my comet there.i might could get a race with the dung beatle.ha ha. you can race for 10 dollars,but its too far to drive my comet the way its geared,and i dont have a trailer to pull it,so i guess im a spectator today
fryedaddy
Image1966 caliente,428 4 speed,4.11 gears,nitrous,parachute

popscomet

Re: street outlaws

Post by popscomet »

ONE thing for sure is ......if you leave it at home,,,,it won't get tore up :!: :shock: :roll: :lol: :wink:
pop/glenda

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

popscomet wrote:ONE thing for sure is ......if you leave it at home,,,,it won't get tore up :!: :shock: :roll: :lol: :wink:
thats for sure.there so far out of my league i would barely get pulled out when they cross the finish line.i bet farmtruck and asian would like to pick on my car
fryedaddy

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

There's a group of them out of Orlando. They came to the Daytona Dream Cruise last year. We're parked, walking around on the riverfront and enjoying all the rides when I hear that distinct Alky blown sound of giant V8's coming up the street. You know, you here them lope and all of a sudden there's so much built up pressure that they kind of lunge. kind of like hitting the throttle and letting off. Major s*** goin on there.

SW
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

WHERE do they get all the big money they lay down for a race...?..those little garages most have can't be doing well e'nuff for those big bets.....some lose every week,but they always have betting money...I was for FARELY ,cause he was ford,,,but he's not on there...maybe his mouth got him removed or he just tired of not winning anymore....OH WELL :!: I still watch it.....pop
pop/glenda

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

There is so much money out there that I am constantly reminded of how poor I am, even though I don't ever think about where the next dollar will come from. A good feeling but in the big picture I'm a poor sumbit**. That's alright, I'm happy to live in my little spec.

Stacey
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote:WHERE do they get all the big money they lay down for a race...?..those little garages most have can't be doing well e'nuff for those big bets.....some lose every week,but they always have betting money...I was for FARELY ,cause he was ford,,,but he's not on there...maybe his mouth got him removed or he just tired of not winning anymore....OH WELL I still watch it.....pop
Can't say I ever saw it for sure, don't have cable or satellite TV, might have seen one or to on the internet.

With that said, if it is "reality" TV it is only similar to real life :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I HAD gave thought last year to go to OK CITY AND look up FARLY,mainly to look at those 'stangs he has sittin in the back ground when they film in his shop...and to shoot the wind with FARLY also,,,gmSNOWBALL even pm me where he was located,,,,,like I said...I watch the show but I don't root for none of them,,all of them are GM pwrd and that just don't excite me..... :!: :roll: pop
pop/glenda

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Mike, I think you and I are the only people I know that don't pay for TV. I have an antenna and have plenty of channel's to chose from. Especially the old stuff. We will be watching the original Star Trek in 27 minutes.

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

Lip Ripper wrote:Mike, I think you and I are the only people I know that don't pay for TV. I have an antenna and have plenty of channel's to chose from. Especially the old stuff. We will be watching the original Star Trek in 27 minutes.
We have No cable or satellite. Just a antenna for the one local channel we can get out here in the country. Do have Netflix but that is only like $10 a month.

We watched the original Star Trek series last month lol

Lou

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Lou's Comet wrote:Do have Netflix but that is only like $10 a month.
We get the Netflix DVD/Blue-ray, two movies at a time :P
Lip Ripper wrote:Mike, I think you and I are the only people I know that don't pay for TV. I have an antenna and have plenty of channel's to chose from. Especially the old stuff. We will be watching the original Star Trek in 27 minutes.
When my mother-in-law was still alive and living here we had satellite fir her, but when she moved in with my sister-in-law we disconnected it and started the Netflix thing, and watch the old movies and TV off the antenna.

The benefit is people don't like to visit us for too long :roll: :P

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

i had a great time.i had my pic took with the murder nova,dominator,monza.i have some good vids up close of all of them.big chief won,bird boys from orleans came in second and chuck and shane made it to the semi finals.chief got 60,000,bird got 20,000 and chuck and shane got 10,000 each.its going to be on one of the upcoming shows.i was up against the fence at the starting line,and it turned out to be the best place in the house because they all huddled up right in front of me and they came over to talk several times during the night.monza gave me a t-shirt to give my grandson.
fryedaddy

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

THAT's cool !!! bet it was fun !!at least it was different...they have been to a couple of tracks here before,,seems like when they come ,we have to race that night ourselves so I don't get to go and watch em......pop
pop/glenda

fryedaddy

Post by fryedaddy »

the best part was all the street outlaws were there,chief,murder nova,doc,monza,dominator the elco,farmtruck,asian,reaper,daddy dave.everyone on the top ten list was there,and all the big tire guys from Orleans were there too,kye kelly,john doe,godfather,bird boys and david bird jones and bobby dakote.thats what surprised me the most is that they all traveled the 16 hours from okc.most places they go to just a few of them comes,but the 100,000 purse probably had something to do with the turnout.thats the most they have ever raced for
fryedaddy

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

THE way they all run at most any given time,,driving 16hrs for a payout of that amount is like taking a whiz off the back porch in the dark.....nothing to it !! besides they were more then likely paid to come in the 1st place.....
pop/glenda