Craigslist find of the day.

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Lip Ripper

Craigslist find of the day.

Post by Lip Ripper »

While doing my morning search I came across a 74 Rustang II coupe today. Set up for drag racing. 302 with an Edelbrock F4B, some kind of Holley, headers, a nasty cam, electric water pump drive plus electric fan, New power MC, line lock on a reverse valve body shifter, 3800 stall, Autometer tach with shift light plus full gauge package, roll bar, sub frame connector's, 2 racing seats with Simpson 5 points, 8" with a 4.11 posi, fuel cell, all 4 new tires on Weld Wheels with MT 26/10/15's slicks out back. It looks like the ole boy knew what he was doing. This guy took it on trade from a 75 year old man that built it. He sold it to me for $2800. Yee Haw! Drag racing starts in September. After I finish the Falcon I'll go over the car, tune it and see what she has in the 1/8 mile.

Stacey
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

lavron
Site Admin

Re: Craigslist find of the day.

Post by lavron »

Good for you! We might even need pictures of that :P

I moved this topic I hope that is ok :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

lavron wrote:
I moved this topic I hope that is ok :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
I knew I saw this in small six perf. earlier, just figured he meant to click on small V8 perf.

But sounds like a really nice find!! :D
Johno

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Wow! You got a deal for $2800. :mrgreen:
Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

STACEY, my boy my boy,,,you did good !! nice lookin hot rod !!! just do something with those damn spark plug wires :) :!: :!: :wink: POP
pop/glenda

loman

Post by loman »

That is the perfect way to get into racing. Cheap light car with V8. You can go out and have fun all day long knowing you don't have a lot invested and not breaking the bank.
I'm curious about the rear end axles. Did these cars come with 8 inch rearends with 4 lug axles? I'll admit, I don't know much about these cars. I would have guessed the cars with V8's would have had 5 lug axles from the factory. I'm always learning something new on this site.

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

loman wrote:I don't know much about these cars. I would have guessed the cars with V8's would have had 5 lug axles from the factory.
I am with you on that one but I seem to remember that all of them were 4 bolt, I know my 8" in my Comet is 4 bolt (6 cyl Maverick) but the axles are the same as 5 bolt and 9" diffs. just smaller bearings.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

they were 4lug even with a v8,,the rear chunk in my comet came out of one of those stangs ,and it's a 8in.....this 93 5.0 v8 GLENDA HAS also has 4 lug whls,,my 84 mercury capri is a 5.0 with a 5spd and it has 4lugs also
pop/glenda

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

My first car! Well, it was a II but not that cool!! GREAT deal for under 3-large Stacey!! :? :D :lol:
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)