Our 64 Gal.

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Lip Ripper

Our 64 Gal.

Post by Lip Ripper »

66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

Jims65cyclone

Re: Our 64 Gal.

Post by Jims65cyclone »

WOW! That thing is immaculate, inside and out. Really an amazing find. :mrgreen:
Jim

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

There still are nice ones around, thanks for sharing 8)

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

caseville cyclone

Post by caseville cyclone »

What a SWEET SWEET ride Stacey!!!! Andy

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

the only thing that FORD needs is a nice place to stay in,when not being drove....that is a sweet ride...the color combo is perfect and to be a standard column shift is top notch......it's a rare find,,just proves yrs ago,,a person could get just what they wanted in a new car,,,no more ,no less just what they wanted in a new car...take care and good luck with it,,STACEY YOU DID GOOD !!..................POP
pop/glenda

comet guy

Post by comet guy »

Very Nice 64. Take good care of it.

Robert

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

I bit of an update on our Gal. I've been going over everything. As of now absolutely everything is up and working with the exception of the horns. The new ones came in last night. The one thing that wasn't working on the inside was the clock. Yesterday I removed and disassembled it, then cleaned the works with electronic cleaner, hit it with 12 volts and this little solenoid clicked, winding the clock. It started working then quit. I cleaned it at least a half dozen times until it would run for a few minutes. I was looking for a light lube in my cabinet because I was out of silicone spray and I picked up the CRC Powerlube. Listed in its many uses were clocks. It was a little tricky getting small amounts of lube on the shafts and sprockets but I was careful. After that I let it sit on the bench for nearly and hour and it was keeping time. I put it back together and installed it. As of 8:30pm last night it was still keeping time. I had never looked into the workings but recall hearing the old clocks click about one every minute or so. After opening it up I realized it has an electric winding mechanism. When the contacts close it moves the solenoid winding the clock back up in a split second. I could see one running for a long, long time without draining the battery.

Stacey
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

vicegrip

Post by vicegrip »

I love your enthusiasm on the clock,i really do but....I've messed with many of those old Ford rewinders and it might be a day,week,month that it keeps working but they all eventually stopped. Even back in the sixties it was rare that one was working. It was a common problem that everyone knew about.
May yours work forever!

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

We use to have a joke back then ,if the clock works the car ain't no good & visa versa. :lol:
Johno

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Galaxie update. We've put several hundred trouble free miles on her in the last couple weeks. I haven't checked the mileage but it's a helluva lot better than my Cyclone. She purr's and is a pleasure to drive. We took it up to the Sebring airport yesterday. Sat outside for breakfast on the tarmac then cruised around inside Sebring International Raceway. There was some sort of club racing going on. Porsche's, Mustang's, Vette's, Miata's, and a host of other cars. I've got to get licensed so I can go out and play. And yes, the clock is still working.

And wasn't it great to see the Ganassi Ford GT's thump those 2 yellow Corvette's at Daytona? You beat those two and you've done something.

Stacey

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Hey Lip happy to hear you've been out enjoying the "BOAT" ((LOL)
That car was a great find!
Yes the Rolex 24 really enjoyed seeing the GTs win by LAPS!!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Tambo

Post by Tambo »

Wow Stacey, what a find. That is soooo nice!
66 Cyclone GT: 390, 4 sp Top Loader, 3.25 9inch

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Got a fella from Alabama coming to look at her next week. He asked if I though it would make the trip back home. I told him I have no doubt. We've put a thousand miles on it recently. The wife isn't too excited about seeing her go but we are just out of room. It's been fun, time for some one else to enjoy her.

Selling real estate is my business. I love our house but need more space. I'm kicking myself in the ass for not buying a foreclosure a couple years back. It needed a lot of work, I figured at least 80k to make it nice again. It had a 32x40 block building with 14' ceilings, a 24x40 lean to down one side (concrete) and a 2 car garage on the house. I talked myself out of it. Dangit.

Stacey

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Lip Ripper wrote:Got a fella from Alabama coming to look at her next week. He asked if I though it would make the trip back home. I told him I have no doubt. We've put a thousand miles on it recently. The wife isn't too excited about seeing her go but we are just out of room. It's been fun, time for some one else to enjoy her.

Selling real estate is my business. I love our house but need more space. I'm kicking myself in the ass for not buying a foreclosure a couple years back. It needed a lot of work, I figured at least 80k to make it nice again. It had a 32x40 block building with 14' ceilings, a 24x40 lean to down one side (concrete) and a 2 car garage on the house. I talked myself out of it. Dangit.

Stacey
SPACE will ALWAYS be a limiting factor man - I've NEVER heard a car guy say "Eh, I've got all the space I'll ever need." :wink:

Sorry you've gotta let it go - that thing really is immaculate.
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

I guess sometimes it is alright to be limited or restricted by space. It kind of keeps me from having a yard like an old friend has with 40 cars in the weeds. And the Gal, I bought it with the intention of enjoying it then moving it. I'm in kind of a mode change, minimal rather than all out ass bustin restoration's. At least I say that now. We'll see how well I do when the Falcon is done.

Stacey