Late small block casting number chart?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Lip Ripper

Late small block casting number chart?

Post by Lip Ripper »

A guy has a roller block for sale. I've asked for photo's of the casting numbers near the starter mount. I've searched for a chart detailing what is what. All the stangnet and rustang sites are loaded with a bunch of adolescent smart ass's. Not to mention the ad spam. Does anyone have a good reference sheet on the later stuff? He did send pictures of 3 y's in the lifter valley and I found the same BS when looking that up.

Stacey
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

Rocket989

Re: Late small block casting number chart?

Post by Rocket989 »

I don’t know of one. I’m fairly sure E6xx, E7xx, then F1xx. Not sure there wasn’t a later casting than F1 but I am sure of E7 and F1 as roller blocks. Yeah... the notion there’s any diff between YYY and XXX blocks is la-la land.
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Bottom line is if I drive a half day round trip I'll have $200 in the short block. It looks really clean. Lifters are in and pan is on along with E6 timing cover. I'm thinking about driving up in the morning even though I don't need it.
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Go get it. just so it wont haunt you for months or even years! :lol: :lol: :lol:

& it's good trading material. sometimes ''stuff'' is worth more than money in a trade, if the other guy needs your stuff!
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

STACEY,if you have the room to store it ,,,,then go get it,,,I used to drive and drive and buy all the sbf stuff I could get my hands on....and it has paid off several times since,,,just in spare parts,,,,,,pop
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Remember that house with a big shop that you didn't get and have been kickin' yourself about ever since? :wink:
Jim