WAITING FOR SPRING!!

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
SASSY

WAITING FOR SPRING!!

Post by SASSY »

Was working on this bike a couple a years ago, have since sold it.
I stopped and took a pic of it and the view cause it was the only time I have ever ridden on my Bday which was a couple days prior.
The second pic is 2years and a day later, STILL WAITING FOR SPRING!!

I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

Jims65cyclone

Re: WAITING FOR SPRING!!

Post by Jims65cyclone »

We've had some weird weather in SC this winter. We had some of the coldest weather on record back in December and January, but February has been very mild with some highs in the upper 70's and lower 80's. :shock: I won't be surprised, though, if we get a hard freeze in March again like we did last year. That wreaks havoc with the plants. Lot's of stuff is budding out, then we have a hard freeze and it all turns brown and shrivels up and has to start all over again. Some stuff just doesn't come back.
Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

that's what the old folks called a BLACKBERRY WINTER...
pop/glenda

peps64

Post by peps64 »

Hey, Pop! In Minnesota, we call that August! :shock:

Peps
64 Cyclone...347 w/ 4-speed, Cal-tracs, Currie 9" rear-end, more goodies to follow

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

peps64 wrote:Hey, Pop! In Minnesota, we call that August! :shock:

Peps
:D :lol: :lol: up there I bet you did.......cool !! 8) tell mom and dad hell-o from us,,,,,and your sister !!! pop
pop/glenda

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

After riding the trash can down the driveway (literally) on a half inch of ice...yeah...READY by FAR!!
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

I feel for you guy's. I used to live in that kind of latitude. We are having some really warm winter air. We're taking next week off because our 27th anniversary is Sunday and we always vacation around that week. It looks like some fine Lip rippin, grouper pulling weather. We'll see. And I really do feel for you guy's. It is why we walked away from 2 secure job's and sold our properties to vacate. If I ever see snow again it will be because I'm paying respects to some one close.
Florida Realtor at your service here. 8)
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

no snow or ice here.....but we are wet...RAIN RAIN ...MY PLACE IS SAFE,,but under flood warnings ,county schools are closed....ain't getting any better for the next 2 days at least,,then maybe some relief for a few days...../////pop
pop/glenda

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Pop, they've been testing at Sebring this week, prepping for the 12 hour race. I'm gonna get my ass up there tomorrow and get a sneak peek. Dune Buggy or top down Cyclone, I don't care which but I wanna smell that race fuel. I think you and the boys would really appreciate this old raceway. It's an old WWII training field for aircraft. Much of the original concrete is the race track. It's really cool walking across some of it and seeing the original cleats still in the concrete that they tied the planes down with. Go Ganassi in the Ford GT's!
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Lip Ripper wrote:Pop, they've been testing at Sebring this week, prepping for the 12 hour race. I'm gonna get my ass up there tomorrow and get a sneak peek. Dune Buggy or top down Cyclone, I don't care which but I wanna smell that race fuel. I think you and the boys would really appreciate this old raceway. It's an old WWII training field for aircraft. Much of the original concrete is the race track. It's really cool walking across some of it and seeing the original cleats still in the concrete that they tied the planes down with. Go Ganassi in the Ford GT's!
SURE wish I was there to go with you,,ain't got a lot of hair ,( I keep it cut in a flat top) but could for that wind in your hair effect....have a great time and enjoy your day.....think of OL POP in a rain coat here in ARKANSAS.... :D POP........PS,,I love to smell burnt rubber and race fuel....I can get a fix off that smell....I love it !!!!
pop/glenda