Sometimes it is Like Christmas

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
lavron
Site Admin

Sometimes it is Like Christmas

Post by lavron »

When I go looking for Comet parts in my shed it sometimes like opening presents on Christmas, you never know what you will find.

I have pretty much decided I am Santa, or was, a few years ago when I bought myself some presents, packed them away and forgot about them :roll: this can lead to duplicate purchases however.

I found lots of stuff like these brand new carb rebuild kits for the 1100s on my Comet.

I had been talking about putting the triple singles on the new motor but needing to rebuild the carbs after so many years of them sitting, well it looks like it is supposed to happen :P I just wish there was an Offenhauser adapter somewhere packed away for the flat log I6 head but pretty sure I won't find one of those out there :roll:

I now have two sets of stainless engine bolts and not sure how many sets of stainless header bolts as well as header gaskets, they should last me a while (note to self; don't buy anymore header gaskets for a small block I6 Ford)

On a side note, I did pick up this NOS DuraSpark2 distributor this week, I decided not to risk it on an old JY distributor again. I maybe should have just got a rebuilt one for $20-$30 less but I am hoping a factory new replacement will prove to be a better choice.

I found an ignition module at my aunts last week (new? still in the box) but not sure it is the correct one it has 3 sets of leads coming off of it. It did not make it into the stuff I brought home so I will pick it up later and check the part number and see what it fits (not sure if the 3 lead is a DS1 module?) the modules are actually pretty cheap and I think I have seen people use Mallory modules instead, I need to find out what is best and the easiest to get a replacement for if there is a failure on the road.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Rocket989

Re: Sometimes it is Like Christmas

Post by Rocket989 »

I love finding stuff that's been stashed! Well, unless I can't return the new stuff I bought since I couldn't find/didn't know about the old stuff! That's a lot of stuffs!! :D :lol: :lol:

That looks like a dual-vacuum Duraspark...I don't know about them. There are a few good articles on recurving them for your engines needs. I'll try to find one.

Ditto with the Duraspark boxes...there's usually a grommet or something that's colored. IIRC, the Blue one is most common for Duraspark swaps although I remember reading where a guy was making a case for the Red one (one year only Cali-specific??...memory fades!).
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

IT'S always good to find a forgot about hidden stash.....OL POP is one of the worst to buy something that I think I need and find out that right then ,I could have waited,,,put it AWAY,forget where I put it and after time I forget I have it....sometimes my mind outruns the rest of me....or it can't keep up with the rest of me.....OH WELL !!thanks good luck and be thankful you had that stash...............pop
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Looks like I need to clean my shed out some more, I am getting a couple of workbenches from my aunt as well about 8' long each, so I need to make room.

If I am clever enough I can maybe clean out and organize stuff enough to fit the Comet in there as well :roll: it would be nice to be able to work inside instead of being at the mercy of the weather.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Inside under a roof is much better,for sure !! yesterday and last night we were trapped inside and OL RUSTY was sitting outside on the lift with a tarp over it,and it was pouring down rain,,we couldn't do NUTTIN to it,,,,so as soon as we can ,we'll put a roof over that lift,,,thanks ,,,,pop
pop/glenda

StPro

Post by StPro »

The worst part of having extra or new parts filed away is having to go and buy another because you can’t find it because you cleaned last week.
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT