Mishap and the Project Keeping me from the Comet

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
lavron
Site Admin

Mishap and the Project Keeping me from the Comet

Post by lavron »

I have been a landscaper the last few days, it is dangerous work, today I was hooking up the blade to the tractor when it slipped and pinched my fingers between the PTO and frame of the blade, good thing I had gloves on or the damage might have been worse :roll:

Also one of those projects that has been keeping me away from devoting time to working on the Comet is nearing completion, all the dirt needs to settle and be smoothed off and some topsoil added, if I can find some, and this project will be over.

One of the last things to finish on the outside of the house and I got really tired of hoisting railroad ties around, hard on an old guy :P

Guess I have to work on the Comet until the fill settles, somethings one cannot rush :D

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Re: Mishap and the Project Keeping me from the Comet

Post by popscomet »

many yrs ago,I took a 55 gal drum...welded a brkt on each end,cut down 2 1956 ford( what else would I use ?) spindles from wifes 56 ford after we put all frt disc and such on it from a maverick,,,then I made a draw bar and hooked it behind my 57,58 ,59 wheel horse tractor,ain't sure just what year it was built,,,the wheel horse dealer said that ws as close as he could get...I filled the drum with water and we used it to pack the fill in on 2 different shops,,,,I still have it at the old place,,it may by now have a hole rusted in the drum and the water has leaked out,,but at the time it packed the fill in like a clock...and the little WH tractor was very easy to work with in tight places,,,,I had all but forgotten about it,,,,,I still have the little tractor,in fact there is a guy who deals in old farm stuff wanting to beat me out of it...but OL POP has had it since back in the late 70's,,so how do you put a value on it ??? those 2 shops are still standing today and in very good condition....sorry to hear about your fingers....ALWAYS remember....an accident is caused by 3 things......MAN-METHOD-OR MATERIAL....WHICH CAUSED YOURS ??,,,,take care and good luck....hope you heal FAST …..POP
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote:.MAN-METHOD-OR MATERIAL....WHICH CAUSED YOURS ??
I would guess method, don't stick your fingers where if everything slips it will pinch them :shock:

It made me dance and pull the glove off to make sure the injury wasn't worse, went ahead and got the blade hooked up after the dance and the work done :P

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

that's all I heard for over 36 yrs on the railroad,,,,one of the 3 m's causes accidents.....even if you did dance a jig,,your still lucky that you have all your nose pickers 8) :shock: :lol: :wink: pop
pop/glenda

BJB

Post by BJB »

Mike,

I have seen some gruesome injuries to people , some of those were dead and others alive, but I got one of those chills up my spine when I saw yours. I could imagine the unhappy dance you had....that would have friggin hurt... and injuries to hands are hard to isolate from ordinary use.

I recall walking into a tow bar on my Volvo wagon. My shin hurt like f%^&* , I saw stars and thought I was going to faint....and I found religion at that moment yelling , calling out for divine intervention, but also using the most foul language I could muster, not knowing that my 11 year old niece was only a few feet away and out of sight. :oops: She's 33 now and reminds me of this often.. :mrgreen:

All the best.

Bruce
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I hear ya Bruce! one of the worst cussins' I ever got was from my best friend when he ran into my hitch. :lol: :lol: but when I told him to quit kickin my hitch it got worse!!! :lol: :lol:
Johno

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

BJB wrote:I found religion at that moment yelling , calling out for divine intervention, but also using the most foul language I could muster
I was working with my father-in-law years ago when he hit his finger with a hammer. He started dancing and yelling, "Thank you, Jesus; Thank you, Jesus". I said "Thank you, Jesus?" He yelled, "Thank you, Jesus, I got nine more that don't hurt near that bad." :lol: :lol:
Jim