Where is Groover ?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
poboyjo65

Where is Groover ?

Post by poboyjo65 »

Groover I sent you a PM.
Johno

Groover

Re: Where is Groover ?

Post by Groover »

And I just responded.

Loving life and the Comet. Not driving it to work so much due to the dang hot heat 'round here in August. My wife and I drive it every Saturday to the Farmers Market and like ole Pop says, it's a "one may car show" every time. I drove it to my wife's workplace on Sunday and got five "nice cars", three thumbs ups, and one wedding proposal (from a woman who wasn't into me, but clearly into the car).

Maverick detailed her pretty thoroughly a while back (buffed down the paint, etc).

And if you had Flip It in the Fix it or Flip it pool, you're a winner.
http://www.cometcentral.com/forum/viewt ... =1&t=15047

Maverick flipped the Audi within a few months. Didn't want to keep buying expensive parts and bought a '98 4-Runner. I had access to a fishing boat due to a previous lawn mower trade out, and so now he pulls the boat and is a little more outdoorsy these days. Plus the Runner is pretty solid, so he's not spending as much time laying on the ground. In his spare time, he's welding a recumbent bike (atomic zombie style) http://www.atomiczombie.com/DIY%20Plans.aspx. Guy I work with gave him a 92 Ranger a while back and he traded that for a double axle trailer to go with the Runner as well. So he's prepped and ready to pick up the next project, but right now happy to have a reliable vehicle.

We're within' spittin' distance of 50,000 on the Caliente odometer. Started at around 14k so more than 35,000 since we got her back on the road.

I'm still reading the forum, but haven't had much to add, as you guys have it all pretty much in hand.
1964 Comet Caliente Convertible
30,000 miles on our rebuild

All Comets start out as dreams...

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Ut oh ,having a truck & trailer can get expensive,& can fuel some bad habbits like bringing home more projects. Good to hear from you.comet looks great! nice rundown! maybe I should call out a few more members! :lol: :lol:
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

glad it's all kosher !!!! take care,,,,missed you last june …..was looking forward to seeing that son...he impress's ol pop
pop/glenda