Personal Messages

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Jims65cyclone

Personal Messages

Post by Jims65cyclone »

I'm having problems trying to send PM's. I have 2 stuck in my Outbox that I can't get to send. Mike, I would have sent you a PM to ask about my problem instead of posting, BUT I CAN'T SEND A PM! :x Can anyone help me with this problem?
Jim

Jims65cyclone

Re: Personal Messages

Post by Jims65cyclone »

John.........i received your test PM and replied to it, but it went into my outbox and won't send. So, it appears I can receive, but not send. :(
Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Jim if you look now the reply you sent me is probably gone, because I got it. if not maybe try ''refreshing'' the page. if you have PM's in your outbox it simply means you successfully sent it but they haven't opened/read them yet. if they are not use to getting messages they may not even know they have them, or haven't logged on to see them. if you dont log on you wont see that you have messages.
Johno

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

poboyjo65 wrote: if you have PM's in your outbox it simply means you successfully sent it but they haven't opened/read them yet.
What he said.

Make sure you are not full in any of your boxes.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

John.....Bingo! You're right. Your message is gone, and it now appears in my sent box. So....when you compose a PM it goes in your outbox until the intended recipient opens it, then it appears in your sent box. So the two messages I still have in my outbox haven't been opened yet. :D
lavron wrote:Make sure you are not full in any of your boxes.
Mike.........under settings, I have the box checked that says if folder is full, delete oldest messages. I assumed that meant a folder would only hold 50 messages, so when the 51st message arrived, it would delete the oldest message and add the new one. Therefore, you didn't have to actively delete messages to continue receiving them. Not true? :?
Jim

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Jims65cyclone wrote:Therefore, you didn't have to actively delete messages to continue receiving them. Not true?
No true, I have kept some old messages for various reasons so I always delete manually.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

lavron wrote:
Jims65cyclone wrote:Therefore, you didn't have to actively delete messages to continue receiving them. Not true?
No true, I have kept some old messages for various reasons so I always delete manually.
I've created folders to store messages I want to keep for reference. But, if I check the "delete oldest message" box, it will automatically delete the oldest PM and accept the newest, maintaining a max of 50 PMs and allowing me to continue to receive PMs without manually deleting, right? :? Sorry to seem dense, but in the four years I've been a member, this is the first time I've had an issue with PMs staying in my outbox instead of showing in my sent box. I guess I've been lucky with people responding quickly enough that I didn't realize it worked that way. :roll:
Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
lavron wrote:
I've created folders to store messages I want to keep for reference.
Jim
I do the same, keep it set to delete oldest like you Jim & then if I want to save a message click the ''quote'' button which automatically sets it up in a message ,,,then click ''save draft'' at the bottom & just save it in the draft section.
Johno