MSD box

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
loman

MSD box

Post by loman »

Does anyone know if you can send a MSD ignition box back to MSD for repair or evaluation. If so, do you know the price? I found a 6AL 2 box on Craig's list for a good price. I'm a little leery of purchasing something electrical used. It said it was never installed and in the picture it looks like that could be true. I haven't called yet, but I was thinking worst case scenario. If I get it and it doesn't work, how much would it be to have it repaired (depending on what is wrong with it obviously) vs the price of a new one. BTW I can get a new one for $273 through the typical outlets.

vicegrip

Re: MSD box

Post by vicegrip »

You might want to watch out for fake MSD boxes.If the price is too good to be true,it might be one of the fakes...Could be the seller actually deals in fakes or got burned himself and is trying to pass it on. Sent 2 boxes back for repair. !st one they fixed for nothing and returned promptly. 2nd one,said the cost to repair would be too high,tried to sell me new. Got it back,discovered 2 wire pins in the dist plug were reversed. This was an unused unit but I wasn't the original buyer.

StPro

Post by StPro »

I just sent My Ford 351C Ready-To-Run Pro-Billet Distributor in for repair $63-128
https://bangshift.com/general-news/spon ... vs-a-fake/
See link above info on fake
Only use the brakes to stop and get gas.
Projects
65 Comet 421Stroker
93 Mark VIII Supercharged w/Fogger
70 Torino GT

loman

Post by loman »

Thanks for the tip. I hadn't heard about the counterfeit ones. I don't know if it makes a difference or not but the one I'm thinking about is a 6AL 2.