mustang bucket seats

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
loman

mustang bucket seats

Post by loman »

Has anyone installed 68 or 69 Mustang bucket seats in a 65 Comet? Just wondering how they fit width wise and will the tracks work with just a little modification or not work at all. I found a set on Craig's list that need to be recovered but seemed reasonable in price.

lavron
Site Admin

Re: mustang bucket seats

Post by lavron »

If they are the same as the T-Bird seats I have they don't just bolt in (not sure what the bucket seat brackets look like on Comets) on mine the bracket sits in far enough it barely catches the hump where the bench seat bolts down on outer rear (side to side) and there is no place to bolt the inner rear track.

I am having to drill new holes along the front as well.

They fit fine however.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

tomb22

Re: mustang bucket seats

Post by tomb22 »

loman wrote:Has anyone installed 68 or 69 Mustang bucket seats in a 65 Comet? Just wondering how they fit width wise and will the tracks work with just a little modification or not work at all. I found a set on Craig's list that need to be recovered but seemed reasonable in price.
I don't know about 68 or 69 but I just installed some 95 mustang buckets that fit real good. Just drilled new holes in the front hump and new holes in the back. The tracks where narrower but looked like they where made for the car.
Tom
tomb's 65