66 Ranchero

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
vicegrip

66 Ranchero

Post by vicegrip »

Might be kind of a cool project but it looks like a 1 year odd ball deal. You guys know what interchanges body and trim wise? Any other opinions? Thanks!

https://siouxcity.craigslist.org/pts/d/ ... 16566.html

lavron
Site Admin

Re: 66 Ranchero

Post by lavron »

I don't know much about the Falcons in '66, I know the Comet went to the Fairlane platform but they did not. As far as I know Falcons were alone on the smaller platform so there would not be any interchanges (If I am correct) of body panels. The taillights do look like Fairlane however (at least in style)

I always have kinda liked that body style Falcon, I looked at a '66 Ranchero in Springfield at big swap meet there they have at the fairgrounds in August every year (can't remember what it is called) been several years ago but I was intrigued had the cash in my pocket but was collecting parts for my Comet so didn't try to buy it.

I do agree they were an oddball body however and I think in the late 60s Falcons became Torinos, my dad had a lime green(ish) Torino that had the Falcon badges, didn't keep it very long but I wish he had (this wold have been sometime in the '70s)

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Lou's Comet

Post by Lou's Comet »

vicegrip wrote:Might be kind of a cool project but it looks like a 1 year odd ball deal. You guys know what interchanges body and trim wise? Any other opinions? Thanks!

https://siouxcity.craigslist.org/pts/d/ ... 16566.html
Yes in the factory appearance the 66 Ranchero is one year only, but many things interchange with 66-70 falcons and 66/67 Fairlane. In 66 the Falcon was based on a (shortened) Fairlane, which put the Ranchero on a Fairlane platform. So Fairlane parts will work. Pretty sure a 66/67 Fairlane front clip would bolt right on, and 66/70? Falcon front sheet metal. Think the rear half on the 66 Ranchero is 66/67 only, so the rear sheet metal and tailgate may be hard to source. Though you may be able to use patch panels for the rear qtrs from 66-67 Fairlane. Also think a FE will bolt in since the Fairlanes came with them. Bucket seats from falcons and fairlanes 66-70 would bolt in only the upholstery design would be different. Front end parts, brakes, suspension and drive trains would also swap. The falcon went to Torino body for 70 1/2 year. And the Fairlane changed sheetmetal in 68

Lou

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I have a 67 ranchero over at my old place,,a project that was started then something came up and it was left...I already rebuilt the 302,new clutch ,new rad,new seat and new brakes,,and painted under the hood and inside of cab,,new carpat and a new headliner and dome light lense are in a box in the seat.....to be honest,,I never go over to the old place ,son lives there and I had forgotten about the ranchero,,,I was wondering after this cobra build,,what was I going to do next,,,I think I just found it!! had a 65 ranchero,,,built a frame put the 65 on it ,,narrowed a rear end and took a straight frt axle from an old van took 6in out of it in the middle,,had R/p steering and installed a 460,,,it was a mudd drag truck,,,,this was done way so many yrs ago,,,before R/P steering was added to anything other the foreign car it came on...getting back to the 67 ,,thought they were sharp looking ,,,,oh! my memorie is coming back,I had brand new dual exhaust put on it also,,,of course this has been so long ago...it'll all got to be redone or the most of it,,,,something came up mighty important for me to stop work on it and never went back...can't recall but it had to be something,,,I still have the paint for it unless son thru it away....oh well !!
pop/glenda