All Good Things Must Come to an End

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
lavron
Site Admin

All Good Things Must Come to an End

Post by lavron »

I have been feeling a bit off lately, back been bothering me and allergies are terrible, just puts me in a grumpy mood, I was trying to do some stuff on the Comet and just got frustrated with how hard it was coming up with parts, just so rare and expensive, one of my buddies really liked the Comet so he offered to trade his Nova/Chevy2 for it, he already had all the parts for his car so I just went ahead and traded him straight up, he brought his trailer and loaded up the Comet and dropped off the Chevy, don't really know too much about it but it is white and has some sort of LSD motor in it.

So probably in the near future I will be changing the Forum and website to Nova Central or something similar.

I hope this does not upset anyone too much, but don't worry they are so similar to Comets no one will probably even notice.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

poboyjo65

Re: All Good Things Must Come to an End

Post by poboyjo65 »

ha ha ha ! what day is it? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: not hump day!!!!
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Our son is 46 today! No, REALLY!
It's not as though you had any connection to that Comet anyway :lol:
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

Good one. Had me thinking for a second.
tomb's 65

comethead

Post by comethead »

:lol: :lol:
Had me skeered for a sec
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Either you've been snortin' your MIG purge gas, or it's April 1. :shock: :lol:
Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

there ain't a DAMN thing similar to a comet and a nova but 4 rubber tires. :!: .....................…I know what today is :lol: :lol: :lol: …pop
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I guess I am not a very good fooler, did just the day tip everyone off or was it something I said? :roll: :lol:

I will say this, however, some parts of the statement I made above are true (well maybe a couple) not sure if anyone could know what those are, but the rest is pure fabrication (almost the theme of a nightmare) actually the whole first paragraph is "nearly" all true :P

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

you'd have to be dang near in a coma to even consider tradeing a comet for a nova,,,that thought alone made me wanna puke!
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

When you said you were getting rid of the comet I knew right then. I knew you had been thru thick & thin & kept the car. if you had just came up with something about shutting down the forum for some reason I may have been drug along for a while, but seeing the word chevy & I was :roll: calling BS.
Johno

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

popscomet wrote:you'd have to be dang near in a coma to even consider tradeing a comet for a nova,,,that thought alone made me wanna puke!
I think you know me Pops :P
poboyjo65 wrote:When you said you were getting rid of the comet I knew right then.
Well I guess I didn't want to make it too believable, some guys on here might not know me too well and think they were not going to come back if I was going to change the Forum :lol: :lol:

So now it is the second of April, I will try and be fully honest and set the record straight;
lavron wrote:I have been feeling a bit off lately, back been bothering me and allergies are terrible, just puts me in a grumpy mood, I was trying to do some stuff on the Comet and just got frustrated with how hard it was coming up with parts, just so rare and expensive, one of my buddies really liked the Comet
This is a true statement, the frustration part was a bit of an exaggeration because I am used to it.
lavron wrote:he offered to trade his Nova/Chevy2 for it, he already had all the parts for his car so I just went ahead and traded him straight up, he brought his trailer and loaded up the Comet and dropped off the Chevy, don't really know too much about it but it is white and has some sort of LSD motor in it.
This half true, he never offered to trade his Chevy2 and his car is white with a small block V8 (I have no idea if it is an LS motor or not, I just wanted to call it and LSD), he also brought his trailer over to my other house and we loaded up the Comet and brought it up here. Don't hate him for owning a Chevy, he is the one that also has the '64 Falcon HT that I gave the 302 Police Interceptor too for that car.
lavron wrote:So probably in the near future I will be changing the Forum and website to Nova Central or something similar.

I hope this does not upset anyone too much, but don't worry they are so similar to Comets no one will probably even notice.
All of this is pure fabrication of course and the Comet-Nova being the same was for Pops :lol: :lol:

So the Forum is secure, my Comet is still in the shed, I will accept my frustrations as always on the rarity of parts, and now to keep working on that oil pan, you know great works of art take some time :P

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread