Salt on the roads

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
thrnelson

Salt on the roads

Post by thrnelson »

Hello from the thawing north. It has been about two weeks since the city poured salt over the roads and the street sweepers have been through most of the roads once. I am itching to get the Comet out but I still see salt on the side of the roads.

How long do all of you wait before taking your summer cars out of the garage after the latest salting?

Trent

SASSY

Re: Salt on the roads

Post by SASSY »

Up here in the farther north I usually wait for a good rain or 2
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

tomb22

Post by tomb22 »

I do the same as Fed
tomb's 65

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Down here in the I-40 corridor we dont gotta wait on no rain, we get all that sweeps across the country. Right Pop? :D
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

poboyjo65 wrote:Down here in the I-40 corridor we dont gotta wait on no rain, we get all that sweeps across the country. Right Pop? :D
pretty much so john....pop trys to keep the ole red rooster washed under side as much as possible......so far I've done good,,all year long I start the comet and drive it up and down the drive way or jack up the rear and let it idle in gear and I'm forever stompin the brakes to keep a whl cyl frpm going south !!! pop
pop/glenda

thrnelson

Post by thrnelson »

Thanks for everybody's two cents. When temperatures are getting to 60 you just want to get out and go on a long drive. I am thinking I need to fix up my truck so I don't miss the Comet so much during the winterr.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I drive mine all winter on & off. all they do here most of the time is spray the liquid brine down. but you guys up north I just wait on a good rain, a substantial downpour,not just a gentle soaker. Your gut & hair on back of your neck will know :lol: btw Trent that is a beautiful sig pic!! what is that? too nice to be a barn, is it a fancy horse stable?
Johno

thrnelson

Post by thrnelson »

poboyjo65 wrote:I drive mine all winter on & off. all they do here most of the time is spray the liquid brine down. but you guys up north I just wait on a good rain, a substantial downpour,not just a gentle soaker. Your gut & hair on back of your neck will know :lol: btw Trent that is a beautiful sig pic!! what is that? too nice to be a barn, is it a fancy horse stable?
It is one of what I believe is only two round barns in the state. It was still in use up until about 20 years ago. The usability of it was very good with the cows around the outside and a central feeding and cleaning areas in the middle. I keep wanting to make that picture into a poster and frame it.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

that would make a pretty poster,,,,wonder how long it took to build a barn like that,,,all pretty much by hand and just how many men it took,,and it had to painted also !!pop
pop/glenda

thrnelson

Post by thrnelson »

popscomet wrote:that would make a pretty poster,,,,wonder how long it took to build a barn like that,,,all pretty much by hand and just how many men it took,,and it had to painted also !!pop
For me it is astonishing what people created 100 years ago and even more hundreds of years ago without computers or heavy machinery. That is why I like old cars and mechanical things which is ironic since I design things everyday using modern technology.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

thrnelson wrote:
popscomet wrote:that would make a pretty poster,,,,wonder how long it took to build a barn like that,,,all pretty much by hand and just how many men it took,,and it had to painted also !!pop
For me it is astonishing what people created 100 years ago and even more hundreds of years ago without computers or heavy machinery. That is why I like old cars and mechanical things which is ironic since I design things everyday using modern technology.
WHERE THERE'S A WILL ,THERE'S A WAY !!…...and look how long old stuff last's....thanks POP
pop/glenda

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

There is a round barn just north of where I live, haven't been by in a while but it was still in use last time I was up that way.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

BJB

Post by BJB »

Down here we rarely have snow so we have unsalted roads....that said a lot of pommies ( thats those from the UK) come over to buy our cars where models of the same ilk have since rusted out in their home country...ie VW Micro buses...as ours are also RHD
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Hey, Trent....the only thing that would make that sig pic better would be to get rid of the power line coming to the barn. I made a crude attempt at it using Paint, but you could probably do a jamb-up job with Photoshop. :wink:
Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

power line or no power line ,it's a sharp picture....don't be so darn picky.....pop
pop/glenda