Salt on the roads

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
thrnelson

Re: Salt on the roads

Post by thrnelson »

Jims65cyclone wrote:Hey, Trent....the only thing that would make that sig pic better would be to get rid of the power line coming to the barn. I made a crude attempt at it using Paint, but you could probably do a jamb-up job with Photoshop. :wink:
Jim
That does make it look better. If I ever stop being lazy and get this printed as a poster I may just do that.

I did take the comet out yesterday. It felt great. Looking at the weather I should be driving it every day starting Monday. It is amazing that driving the comet makes such a difference in my attitude. I should be able to take the cost of the comet off of my taxes as a medical expense. :lol:

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

thrnelson wrote:
Jims65cyclone wrote: It is amazing that driving the comet makes such a difference in my attitude. I should be able to take the cost of the comet off of my taxes as a medical expense. :lol:
There is a very insightful statement! Now if only I would find the time to finish my front suspension, I too could reap the health benefits of such an activity!
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I hear ya Fred & well said Trent. I read it & went & jumped in the comet for a morning cruise. Drove to the old RR roundhouse to see if it was torn down yet because it was scheduled to be down soon. Sure enough work was in progress. It was a cool old building near 100 years old. The back third of it was still up . But still cheered me up just to ride in this ole girl in the spring air! :D

last year;

this morning;

Johno

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

I went out and worked on the Comet, that is therapeutic for me but I am sure driving it would even be more beneficial :P
poboyjo65 wrote:Drove to the old RR roundhouse to see if it was torn down yet because it was scheduled to be down soon.
Too bad, that was a cool building, did it have a turntable?

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

It use to have a turntable, but it's been gone a long time,building has been out of service for a long time. it was the last standing N,C & StL ( Nashville ,Chattanooga & St Louis RR) roundhouse in Tn. N,C & StL was taken over by L&N RR in the late 50s I believe. I think it is all CSX RR now. Or it did. maybe it is Union Pacific now.

On the engine it says ''Building America''

but destroying her past.
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

that loco in the pic,,there's a very big chance OL POP helped repaint and put the flag and all on that unit,,,a big chance..I helped on so many I can't recall the number of each one,,but lots of times I will see a loco on TV or where ever and a light will light up in my memory bank...there was 3 rooms in the paint house,,,sandblast,prep and pt booth,every 8 hrs the rooms moved forward,,,I've worked in all 3.....every 8hrs a repainted loco left the paint house ready to be put back into service,,the last 10 or so yrs a repainted repaired wrecks and touch up..all the white handrails had to be painted by hand with a brush....just thought I'd mention it :D thanks POP
pop/glenda

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Here's the other one on back of it,you probably did it too Pop;
Johno

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

I would bet I did,,,when UP took control of MP in 84,we changed all blue units to UP colors,,,,we stayed busy !! I was also A relief forman over the entire paint house and wreck repair...I have sprayed so many gallons of paint primer clear coat...when I retired,,I told my self NO MORE !!!.....pop
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

thrnelson wrote:I should be able to take the cost of the comet off of my taxes as a medical expense. :lol:
For the time and money most of us put into our cars, we should be able to claim them as a dependent! :lol:
Jim

cathiss24

Post by cathiss24 »

poboyjo65 wrote:I drive mine all winter on & off. all they do here most of the time is spray the liquid brine down. but you guys up north I just wait on a good rain, a substantial downpour,not just a gentle soaker. Your gut & hair on back of your neck will know :lol: btw Trent that is a beautiful sig pic!! what is that? too nice to be a barn, is it a fancy horse stable?
But I see a jewel in the barn that must go out and show everywhere.

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

I dont know what that blue link is in my quote (rathet de credit immobiler) but I never said it,,,may be a virus ,I'm afraid to click on it.
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Deleted
Last edited by SASSY on Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

poboyjo65 wrote:I dont know what that blue link is in my quote (rathet de credit immobiler) but I never said it,,,may be a virus ,I'm afraid to click on it.
How about I just get rid of it? OK not so much a question, I already did :roll:

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058