accelerator cable linkage

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
loman

accelerator cable linkage

Post by loman »

Does anybody know the shortest factory accelerator cable linkage application? My old cable is not in the greatest shape and I have no idea what it comes from. It was a junkyard find many years ago by my dad. I could buy a universal aftermarket but I'd be happy with a factory one that will work as well.

poboyjo65

Re: accelerator cable linkage

Post by poboyjo65 »

throw up some pics of it,maybe someone will recognize it.
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

I used the 71 Mustang one when I had the 351C in the car worked great.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

loman

Post by loman »

I took the accelerator cable mounting bracket off of my 351W and installed it on 390 intake. What I notice now is that it places the accelerator cable back towards the firewall where it falls short of hooking up to the carburetor. I'm guessing the FE had a different style bracket than the small block. I will need to make an adapter plate or if I'm lucky find a bracket at the pick n pull but I doubt that happens because there aren't hardly any old cars at the local junkyard anymore.

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Fab-it; done.
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

loman

Post by loman »

Found a bracket in the junkyard to my surprise. I installed it and it should work. It might need a bit of finessing but i should be set on linkage. If for some reason it doesn't work, I will go the way of Lip Ripper and fab something up.