How to post a pic

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
1964hipo

How to post a pic

Post by 1964hipo »

Hi, can anybody help me posta pic from phone? Whenever i try it says file too big,and i have no idea how to downsize it
Thanks
Mike

poboyjo65

Re: How to post a pic

Post by poboyjo65 »

you can use a host like postimage .
https://postimages.org/
it will resize them as you upload on their site to what ever size you choose. I use the one that says ''for message boards'' .after you click on that it will automatically resize others that you upload on to that album. then download from there to here.
Johno

1964hipo

Post by 1964hipo »

Ok thanks, so i can get my image on that site, but how do i get it from there to here? Sorry for my ignorance of these things
Mike

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

before you upload to the site click on the arrow next to ''do not resize'' , then click on 640x480(for message boards) .Unless you start another album it should stay on that size you set it for all pics.

then to go to the forum with it you click on ''share'' at top of desired pic,then click on this code,click the red circle.it will say ''copied'' then you are ready to come here to the forum & paste. you wont be able to see it until you hit preview or submit. hit preview to see if it is how you want it before you hit submit to post it.;
Johno

1964hipo

Post by 1964hipo »

1964hipo

Post by 1964hipo »

Got it!!!! Thanks so muchfor helping me

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

cool….another nice 64 in the making's.I want to know more bout this hi-po part of it...thanks POP
pop/glenda

1964hipo

Post by 1964hipo »

Well its not really in the makeing yet, ive hd it for years and wont be starting on it anytime soon as i need to get my other hipo going first. In any case it is comlpete, the only thing it was missing was the intake carb aircleaner and tach, which i have aquired all but the tach.

1964hipo

Post by 1964hipo »

url=https://postimages.org/]Image[/url
This is my other hipo that hasnt run since 2005, and im hopeing to fire up in the next week if i can

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Looks like a nice one there! How do you know they are hipos?
Johno

1964hipo

Post by 1964hipo »

Well for one i have part of the build sheet that you can make out the long hand print on the bottom enough, but moreover as i found it untouched with all the hipo stuff intact except for the intake, and years of dirt caked on it im positive, the silver one i cant prove anything as i dont have the build sheet, and i have restored it so theres no patina left, but it does have all the comet hipo goodies in place wich are very extensive. The biggest tell tale for me are the distributer, alternator and drive shaft

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

1st of all POP ain't discounting anyone's claim to what they may have ,,cause POP dang sure is not the sharpest knife in the drawer,,but there is more to a hipo engine then what your tell tale items you mentioned,,,,,,but my question is does a comet having a 100% 289 hipo motor in it make it a hipo comet?? what makes the hipo comet other then just the engine....did they have special springs,suspension ,clutch and shifter linkage,,,traction devices...I'd like to know,,,what really makes a comet a hipo comet...??? pop ain't never to old to learn and I'm in need of some education,and LIKE I said ,am not discounting anyone's word or their claim....to what they own !!! cause at milking time ,OL POP ,doesn't care what anyone says they may or may not have...thanks ,,,,,POP
pop/glenda

1964hipo

Post by 1964hipo »

Well for engine they have a hipo 289 engine same as a fairlane with a differen carb, distributor, and alternator woth a cast iron bracket. The distributor is a hipo transistorized unot with a comet only part number on it
The tranny is a toploader close ratio, and im not sure about the linkage. Ive owned three and all three had hurst linkage on them, which i assumed was added, but mabey was factory? Both the tranny and block have a partial vin stamped on them.
One i owned had a scatter sheild on the trunk that i was told was supposed to be added by the dealer, one had one installed And one didnt hve one. Both scatter shields were "RC"
The driveshafts are bigger diameter and neck down at the u joints, and the rears are 9" with tapered tubes. One i had had a locker, one wis posi and one is open
The build sheets say "special springs" and they have orange paint inspecections marks on them
And inside they each had a rotunda tach on the dash on the radio grill
I think thats everything, if youve got any particular questions just let me know, ive been heavy into these for a long time, but have been away for about 14 years
Mike

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

thank you MIKE!!…...POP
pop/glenda