Cosmic updates!

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
peps64

Re: Cosmic updates!

Post by peps64 »

I had the fortune of hearing it run last weekend. Gnarly hardly describes the growl of that thing. Maybe some some day I'll get a ride in it!? :mrgreen:

Dad, no need to tell me 'Hi' from Pop....Hi Pop!

-Peps
64 Cyclone...347 w/ 4-speed, Cal-tracs, Currie 9" rear-end, more goodies to follow

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

PEPS,,, :D :D :D :D :D :D be sure and tell your sister,,the deer slayer ol POP says howdy in his most southern drawl..while holding on to a black and tan deer hound,,,,pop
pop/glenda

CosmicComets

Post by CosmicComets »

Johno, here are a couple of pics of the radiator shroud that you requested.

65 Cyclone 460W, C4, trans brake, CalTracs
64 Cyclone (son's) 408W 8 stack EFI 6speed, Winters qc rear
64 Cyclone (son's)347, 4speed, mini tubbed 9"
1965 Caliente, 289, 4 speed, buckets, 51k miles
1969 428 CJ coupe (son's)
1965 Cyclone, tube chassis, 514bbf, glide w/brake

WARNING: all of my vehicles are armed with anti-thrift devices

CosmicComets

Post by CosmicComets »

After about 50 miles on shake down run, only a few issues that need to be addressed. We were waiting for a gas pedal riser plate for the Lokar foot pedal to allow WOT. Not sure why it doesn't come with the kit, as it seems it is needed for most applications. Need to replace the new heater switch, as it literally fell apart when I opened it up. Autokrafters has replaced the defective one. Need to soften the shocks a bit for street use and thinking about relocating the rear CalTrac mounts to raise the car about 2 inches at the rear bumper. If it quits raining I will post a pic of the stance as is, and look for opinions! H-pipe is hitting the frame on drivers side, have the new parts now to re-weld it. Not entirely sold on the FiTech EFI, even though it is functioning, I will add a note to the FiTech thread and explain.
Pop, all is good with the Fam now that they have had a good old southern hello!
Peps, Keys will be in it the whole 4th of July weekend, Come on up and drive it! Hell take CometJR along with! Ready for a rerun with the Raptor :D

Take care, ya'll! Cary

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

thanks Cary that all looks great! a smooth clean look all way around.motor & bay,all of it,all of the parts look good together.

maybe you need to find an old beater comet to put all of your spare parts from your upgrading,,,,your old motor & stuff,, including that fitech,& get a better one for the Cos. :lol:
Johno

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Cary,,, WOW!!! With my limited vocabulary I usually show my excitement for something with a lot of swear words strung together,,, I'll refrain for now, but if we should meet sometime in the future,,,, be prepared!! Lol
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

comethead

Post by comethead »

Cary she looks beautiful!! :D
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

CosmicComets

Post by CosmicComets »

Thanks comethead!
Fred, thanks for the kind words, but no need to swear, I am doing that for you right now. I was putting a transmission blanket (SFI, required) on it yesterday and discovered a leak on the trans-brake controller. We tried for hours to remedy it to no avail. It is an old Art Carr trans and parts are no longer available to repair what's leaking. Just got off the phone with Performance Automatic and they are building a new C4 reverse manual valve body, pan fill, with brake, and a lifetime warranty. Out of commission for two-three more weeks, and out a pocketful of green.
Peps, you won't get a ride this visit :cry:
take care, Cary

peps64

Post by peps64 »

Noooooooooo........!!! Fred, I got this: #@!%$#! $%*&#@! #%*#! #*^%!#@&*$%#!!!

Pop- I most certainly will! As soon as I get to the local pound and pick me up up one of those black and tan deer hounds.

Johno- My brother's car, as well as mine, are coming along, albeit slowly. Can't make any promises for next year's gathering, but hopefully we'll get all three down there for it one day. Thanks for inquiring.

-Peps
64 Cyclone...347 w/ 4-speed, Cal-tracs, Currie 9" rear-end, more goodies to follow

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Pop- I most certainly will! As soon as I get to the local pound and pick me up up one of those black and tan deer hounds.

don't go to the pound,,chances are it won't hunt,,reason why it's in the pound,,owner just turned it loose....try the LOST n FOUND dept....all male dogs will answer to JACK,,,females come to SKITTER,,,,JUST drop tailgate and mooch it and holler LET'S GO LETS GO LOAD UP....IF IT DON'T load up,drive off and leave it :lol: :lol:
pop/glenda

Tambo

Post by Tambo »

Hi Cary, just been reading your thread and have to say I'm impressed ... she looks great. Those long Hibbing winters have been put to good use.
Last time we met was when you had her at CarCraft Nats and you had just got her back. I used to come over from Australia every year but can't make it anymore after she took off with all the money. Looking forward to seeing more pics when she's mobile and winning those traffic light grand prix's.
Cheers mate, Peter.
66 Cyclone GT: 390, 4 sp Top Loader, 3.25 9inch

CosmicComets

Post by CosmicComets »

Tambo, nice to hear from you! I have the new trans in, waiting for an 90 adapter (1/8" pipe to 6AN) to finish hooking up the cooler lines. Then I can hook up the H-pipe and should be back in business again. I need to load up tomorrow and hopefully hit the road Thursday morning for the Street Machine Summer Nats in St. Paul. Have a campsite near the water tower. Too bad you can't make it, we still have a lot of things to B.S. about. :) Hope your situation improves, there is always next year.... or the next. :?
Take care, Cary