Road Trip

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
SASSY

Road Trip

Post by SASSY »

We took a trip back to our home town for a reunion on my wife's side of the family last week.
Big family, Marilyn is one of 60 first cousins!, 54 still around and 49 at the reunion!!
One of them is Kelly the father of Logan Shatz, captain of the Humboldt Broncos who passed in the infamous crash.
The truck and camper are Kelly's. The Comet and Truck were at a small car show in Allan SK. where the reunion was held just
outta Saskatoon.
The Comet was bought in Alberta and brought back by a young guy who I didn't talk to.
Seen an interesting phone video of what appeared to be a red 64 Caliente, the owner said it was a Cyclone in Caliente trim and was ordered that way. He said he sold it to a museum in Brooks Alberta, the guy is 'pose to be a huge Merc/Ford guy. So far haven't found any info on that.
2500 klms over 6 days, 1100 one way trip.
Plan to get back to my Comet now that our rambalin around the country has abated somewhat.
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

popscomet

Re: Road Trip

Post by popscomet »

wonder if that's still a gen or an alt in disguise !?? pop
pop/glenda

Patchen09

Post by Patchen09 »

Very classy, I loved the colour! 60 cousins sounds like an army :D I kinda know how these family reunions make you feel like: my wife is french and has 9 siblings. Sometimes we visit them in France and I'm losing my mind when they all talk at the same time. Total chaos! Sometimes she suggests me to buy a house on the French Riviera for spending summer vacations and be closer to her family but I don't know if I could able to stand 9 siblings..

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Noticed you just joined, Welcome!!
Tell us a it about Patchen09.
Fred
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about