Car shows/cruis-ins,tulsa,Oklahoma,area

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Lige66

Car shows/cruis-ins,tulsa,Oklahoma,area

Post by Lige66 »

Why don't I see comets around the Tulsa area at car shows/cruis-ins?
I just got my 1966 mercury comet cyclone convertible convertible and I will drive it Tuesday night to the cruise-in .Will anyone else be there with their comets?

popscomet

Re: Car shows/cruis-ins,tulsa,Oklahoma,area

Post by popscomet »

WELL sir,for one thing it's to far for me to drive,but you are invited to our monthly cruise the 1st Friday of the month,,we have most anything show up new old and all between.Come on down as my comet is the only one there ,I need the company !! It's at a hamburger joint and when you buy a burger you can sit there and eat all the French fries you can eat,they just keep bringing them to you.....plenty of parking on pavement....thank you POP
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

Lige66 wrote:Why don't I see comets around the Tulsa area at car shows/cruis-ins?
Because there aren't that many of us. We have a cruise in once a month at a shopping center near me, and I've only seen one other Comet there besides me. Now, if you want to look at Mustangs, Camaros, etc., they're a dime a dozen. Comets? They're special. :wink: 8)

Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Get use to it! :lol:
Johno

65 hipo

Post by 65 hipo »

I have been to Woodward Dream Cruise with 50,000 plus cars and there they had only a hand full of Comets
1965 Hi-Po Cyclone
1995 Mustang GT

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

All the above just says,we as owners may not be anything special.but we do own special cars... 8) :wink: mine has been mistook for a falcon ,even had a guy one night tell me he drove a little red nova just like mine to college(no need to even try to 2nd guess what I said to him :shock: ).....that was before I started trying to keep my FORD opinion's to my self!!!.....pop
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

popscomet wrote:that was before I started trying to keep my FORD opinion's to my self!!!
When did that start?!?!? :lol: :lol:

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Jims65cyclone wrote:
popscomet wrote:that was before I started trying to keep my FORD opinion's to my self!!!
When did that start?!?!? :lol: :lol:

Jim
day before yesterday,,,,,at 11:37 am,,,,,while driving down a dirt road...but don't look for it to last long,,,I've tried several times but a motor mouth will say something off key and I have to start all over gain...….pop
pop/glenda

CosmicComets

Post by CosmicComets »

Lige66,
I think we are all trying to tell you that the only place you can go and enjoy the company of multiple Comets and their owners would be at the Comet Gathering in PF every June! I am headed to the O'Riley Street Machine Summer Nats in St. Paul this weekend, 7,000 plus or minus cars, maybe a half dozen Comets all years combined. Dare to be different!
Cary
65 Cyclone 460W, C4, trans brake, CalTracs
64 Cyclone (son's) 408W 8 stack EFI 6speed, Winters qc rear
64 Cyclone (son's)347, 4speed, mini tubbed 9"
1965 Caliente, 289, 4 speed, buckets, 51k miles
1969 428 CJ coupe (son's)
1965 Cyclone, tube chassis, 514bbf, glide w/brake

WARNING: all of my vehicles are armed with anti-thrift devices

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

Was at our monthly cruise last night,and as always I had the only comet there,and it's been that way for years,BUT I did have a man from a town about 40 miles away tell me and showed me pic's of his 65 4spd cyclone 1 owner that he just bought thru an estate sale,it had been garage kept it's entire life and was super nice ,,low mileage.He said he was going over it ,,making it road ready,things like changing all fluids tires/belts etc. so I may have company from now on ,,,he said he gave 4500 hundred for it....AND I was told about a couple of 64's sitting in backyards ,,so maybe people will start showing up with their comets in the days ahead,,,,as much attention as my comet gets where ever I take it,and POP's old comet ain't that slick anymore ,it shows 25 yrs of use since it was redone,,and that what I tell folks who has one sitting at home,,or knows of one ,,get it make it road worthy and bring it out ,,it doesn't have to have a high dollar paint job,it don't need chrome dripping off it,,it's a comet and it's different to start with and it will stand out just in that respect only.....so OL POP tries to talk these little mercurys up as much and as often as I can......pop
pop/glenda