Tremec to AOD?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Lip Ripper

Tremec to AOD?

Post by Lip Ripper »

I tried this on the Falcon site with no response. This also relates to round bodied Comet's. Anybody? Doesn't have to be worth one large? More?

Okay, the 61 Falcon has been completed for several months. I am seriously thinking of pulling the Tremec 5 speed and putting in an AOD. We already have two clutch pedal cars. We're talking new clutch, pressure plate and flywheel, clutch pedal assembly modified for cable, Hurst shifter with a quick shift on the top of the trans, I can't remember the name. It is in excellent condition. What could I expect to get for the whole thing?
And will the AOD fit in the tunnel where the 5 speed is?
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

popscomet

Re: Tremec to AOD?

Post by popscomet »

I bought everything you have listed but the pedal assyl..several yrs ago,a friend of my son went from AT to the 5spd in his 5,0 mustang..made 2 passes at the drags,,,I was there ,,,all was brand new he just couldn't drive a clutch,,,took it home ,went back to aod ,,I gave him 2,000 dollars for all of it.....POP
pop/glenda

Lip Ripper

Post by Lip Ripper »

Thank you Pop.
66 Cyclone GT; 245/60R15's on 15x8's and 215/70R15's on 15x7 Magnum's.
There's nothing like the sound of a pushrod V8 singing at the top of her lung's.

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

popscomet wrote:I bought everything you have listed but the pedal assyl..several yrs ago,a friend of my son went from AT to the 5spd in his 5,0 mustang..made 2 passes at the drags,,,I was there ,,,all was brand new he just couldn't drive a clutch,,,took it home ,went back to aod ,,I gave him 2,000 dollars for all of it.....POP
forgot to mention,,,also got the blowproof and the clutch cable adjuster that allowed to adjust under hood without laying under car...………...pop
pop/glenda