ran outta gas,,,,

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
SASSY

ran outta gas,,,,

Post by SASSY »

Jumped in Sassy this morn to meet a couple a buddies for breakfast. Cool and sunny great morning for a run. Did a bit of runnin around after and headed for home. The closer I got to home the darker it got till I was driving in a snow fall. Knew I was low on fuel but always have a gallon in the trunk cause the gauge isn't accurate. So anyway get to the point the car is in the pic, outta gas,, and the blue building, THE GARAGE!! Slammed the door went in the house. After lunch the snow had melted went out put the gas in the car and into the shop. SOMETIMES,,,,
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

lavron
Site Admin

Re: ran outta gas,,,,

Post by lavron »

Well better than walking several miles in the snow, really it sounds like near the perfect amount of gas except it might not get you back to town to fill it up.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

She looks better there than sitting on the side of the road somewhere. :roll:

Jim

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

beats a long walk !!...about same happened to me yrs ago,,pulled my dirt car to races about 80 miles round trip,,got home 2am,,noon unloaded car,,was takeing trailer behind shop to park,,fuel pump went out on my 66 390 f100,,,,,I grinned and looked up and just simply said....THANK YOU....that fuel pump was still so new that the parts house replaced it free of charge,,,,,I would have been in a pickle on the side of the freeway the night before,,,,but the ole ford got me home...pop
pop/glenda

BJB

Post by BJB »

Snow??? What's that?

:lol:
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

lavron wrote:Well better than walking several miles in the snow, really it sounds like near the perfect amount of gas except it might not get you back to town to fill it up.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike, that's an Imperial gallon of gas, 4.54Ls and with my thrifty little 6 I can probably go to town and back
several times using MATURE driving techniques. But using my style of being "18 Till Die" should still make it back to town
BJB wrote:Snow??? What's that?

:lol:
White stuff found on the ground referred to as a blanket 'round here in December
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about