My Wife Threatened Me!

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
lavron
Site Admin

My Wife Threatened Me!

Post by lavron »

My wife said if she sees my jacket unguarded she is going to throw it away :shock:

I told her to leave my jacket alone it still has some "jacket" left to it, I have worn it welding a bit too much if you were wondering why it is ventilated, I guess it is not flame resistant (it doesn't burn like a sweatshirt however).

I am not too worried about her threats because that is all they are, because she said the same thing about my hat :P

She is afraid to touch my hat however :lol: hopefully I can keep her away from my jacket as well, I hope it doesn't get too cold this winter or I might have to wear another jacket under this one.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

Jims65cyclone

Re: My Wife Threatened Me!

Post by Jims65cyclone »

If I saw you stumbling out of woods with that get-up on I'd say you'd been mauled by a bear. :shock: :lol: :lol:

Jim

BJB

Post by BJB »

Jees...dont walk by a soup kitchen...you maybe hustled inside. I say, wear your jacket with pride....it has history.

You know, my dad was not short of a quid when he retired....yet when he went into town he would wear old worn pants, shirt and an old woolen beanie....Most thought he was just a poor pensioner.....

Bruce
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

When I was about 5 I dressed as a hobo for halloween now I just look that way naturally :(

I know you guys think it looks bad :? but really it is mostly there on the right side, I seem to set my left side on fire (actually the big hole was ripped somewhat before I set it on fire, it really only kinda smolders and the lining melts) I know I should invest in a welding jacket or shirt.

I gotta save my money I have a Comet to finish building :P and that Jacket is not over 11 or 12 years old, I got the hat when we bought my wife a car about 8-9+ years ago too it is my mechanic hat I wear it almost every time I work on the Comet, I would wash it but I am afraid that would ruin it :roll:

I have another hat just like that one that I got when I bought my pickup but that is my fancy go-to-town hat and it is red, I think this one used to be black. She just bought another new car a couple of weeks ago so I got another hat that is army green (same dealer) at least I get something out of her buying a car.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

lavron wrote: I hope it doesn't get too cold this winter or I might have to wear another jacket under this one.

See Ya,
Mike
If your other jackets are like that one it may take several coats to achieve a single layer :shock:
I see your fixin to take on a second job at the local dept store during the Christmas season :wink:
Mike, your not the only one with a wife that gives a disgusted look at the love of her life when we walk around like that :lol:
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

popscomet

Post by popscomet »

SASSY wrote:
lavron wrote: I hope it doesn't get too cold this winter or I might have to wear another jacket under t
Mike, your not the only one with a wife that gives a disgusted look at the love of her life when we walk around like that :lol:
glenda..tells me all the time,,we're not going anywhere with you looking like you just came out if the shop,,,,go clean up amd put on diesent clothes....you look like a terd !!,,,,,and I tell her.....your food goes down better when you are comphy,,and when you have your favoriteb boots on !!,,she always says.....WELL KEEP YOUR JUNKY BUTT AT HOME,,,I'll go by myself !! maybe that's why we have been married almost 53 yrs...we understand each other !!!>>>>>pop has ate many of sandwiches :)
pop/glenda

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

My wife and younger daughter roll their eyes at me when I'm in the middle of a project and need to run to Lowes for parts. They seem to think I should change into something clean to be seen in public. I tell them there are tons of guys at Lowes that need parts in the middle of a project and look worse than me. Years ago, when my younger daughter was still in high school, I needed to make a Lowes run. She said, "well, pay cash." I asked why. She said if I used my card they'd know who I was. Wouldn't want to bring shame on the family name, would I? :roll:

Jim