Fabulous Fords Forever

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
comethead

Fabulous Fords Forever

Post by comethead »

I went to the Knotts Berry Farm car show this weekend here in SoCal. Of course there were a million Mustangs, and I think I counted 4-5 Comets of different years. Its interesting. I own a 66 Mustang Fastback that I fixed up a couple of years ago. I love the car, drives great and gets a lot of looks, but when I go to big car shows like that I tend to start yawning after the 250th Mustang I see. I spent the most time drooling over a 65 4spd Cyclone. Awesome car. Also, the 427 Thunderbolts, Falcons, and Galaxies were amazing. Guess the Mustang thing gets a little old. BUT we can thank that car for a lot of our cheap Comet parts. :) Just my 2 cents.
Joe
1965 Caliente HT- 289/4 speed
1964 Falcon HT- track car- 302/4 speed

kukm66
Comet Central Member

Knotts

Post by kukm66 »

Mike, Rich and I counted about 22 6 bangers, mostly Mustangs but some Falcons. Most of the Falcons had their hoods closed so it was difficult to see what they had in there. There was a killer 64 1/2 Stang that had a 170 and was the steal of the show. Black cherry paint with custom interior and one of the most awesome detailed engine bays I have ever seen. Custom stainless strips on the perimeter of the bay, velcro mirror inserts inside the hood for viewing. The engine was immaculately detailed.

Will had his 63 Falcon with a homemade turbo 250 there. There are some pics in the link below. Mike(another one) had an Aussie 250 head on his 200 Stang(pic in link below)

I was dissapointed in the Comet section. Maybe we can get some more entries next year. I was hoping to see a few S22's there.

http://fordsix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14018

don