Daytona 500 '23

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
SASSY

Daytona 500 '23

Post by SASSY »

Joey takes the victory for Ford!
Looks as though I made a mistake,,,,,,,,,
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

power band

Re: Daytona 500 '23

Post by power band »

... wake me up before last 5 laps of each 500' heat , Pastrana was still in by the end ! - ARCA and Infinity races were awesome !

( did ya see the GunsandRoses Tour add bilboard, station break and car - it's like one long commercial...}

... lets make them STOCK cars again - current available as factory optioned - slower maybe but more fun- that would make everybody from enthusiast to grandma want to watch !

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

I think todays racecars are cool!! They aren't stock cars they're racecars!
I'd rather do it myself if it's done right or not,,,isn't that what hotrodding is all about

power band

Post by power band »

... do like the pure physics and physical challenge to the drivers at close to 200MPH for hours at a time. Seems like even after the seamless NASCAR commercials are over, they're in it for the ride until last intense sudden-death finales .

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

Who runs closer in a group of 40 or so cars, bumps the competitor ahead to get more speed for both. Uses the air around them to their advantage, steals the air off a competitor for speed.In a racecar that is almost airborne. Keeping up with the strategy alone.
A lot of people don't understand what is going on, especially on the big tracks. They just like the crashs.
The cars a beautiful. 1.5-2 hp per cube pushrod V8s turning +5-8grand all day! Transmission and reargear in the back, IRS, and single nut big dia aluminium wheels, incredible workmanship throughout. I'll watch racecars all day over "stockcars".
Ive been told baseball is game full of strategy, to me BORING
I might catch the highlights of some great play.

SASSY

Post by SASSY »

power band wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:33 pm
... do like the pure physics and physical challenge to the drivers at close to 200MPH for hours at a time. Seems like even after the seamless NASCAR commercials are over, they're in it for the ride until last intense sudden-death finales .

Those old racecar are beautful! But just like the sohc motor that sold for 140,000 belong in a museum.
That gorgeous 65 Galaxie is a death trap over 40 mph.

Joe Travers

Post by Joe Travers »

I quit watching NASCAR when they went to restrictor plates and bunching cars. Watching wrecks isn't my thing.
Bill Elliot's T-Bird will always be THE car to beat when it comes to speed.

Joe

1963 1/2 Custom Hardtop
342 stroker, solid roller, T-10, 3.55 posi