what did you do to your comet today?

Off Topic Posts Welcome. Personal Attacks, Profanity or Obcenity will not be Tolerated.
Rocket989

Re: what did you do to your comet today?

Post by Rocket989 »

Drove it up to the 6-year old's school to have lunch with him!! :D May or may not have gotten the eye for making "bodily function" noises in the cafeteria... :shock: But man, the schools these days are so wound-up friggin tight!!! Nothing like when I was a kid even...maybe some of it's good, but cripes...it's a K-6 school, not a "zen" place...they're kids!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I thought about doing a wee smokey in the parking lot but the principal (who my wife used to work for!) was walking past me.....thought better of it... :lol: :lol:

'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Looks great all wrapped up in sunlight!! :D
Johno

lavron
Site Admin

Post by lavron »

Rocket989 wrote: Image
That picture reminds me of the Sesame Street? song, one of these things is not like the others.

See Ya,
Mike
Mike's build thread
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13058

luc3ch

Post by luc3ch »

Yesterday went to the big car show at the community college.

Then I spent the afternoon and most of today replacing the steel fuel line front to back. It is super hard to get all the bends even close. But finally it all fit and no longer soaks fuel into my garage floor.

Which she did all week last week while my wife and I were in Detroit house shopping.
1964 Comet Caliente, 302, upgraded to Toploader, front disk brakes ready for 2021 season after the snow melts!

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Replaced front shocks yesterday morning and drove downtown to register for the NSRA Street rod nationals. Got up this mornin and sprayed it off picked up a buddy of mine cruised over to Chilhowee Park for the show. Headin back over tomorrow with the wife, Pugs.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!

loman

Post by loman »

I stumbled upon and purchased an old 1050 dominator carb yesterday. I was told it has never been run and it looks like it. He thought he bought 15 years ago but never put it on. It took me a while today, but after some cussing and careful prying and scraping, I was finally able to remove the metering blocks. Those original gaskets are like super glue and a pain in the behind to remove.

loman

Post by loman »

Reinstalled my new header extensions that I made. I also lowered the front springs a bit since I put taller tires on the front of car last year.

luc3ch

Post by luc3ch »

I finally get her back tomorrow just moved from SC to MI. Company put the Comet on a truck and hauled it up here.

Moving into our house inow Royal Oak this weekend. she will be parked in my new-to-me garage by tomorrow night.
1964 Comet Caliente, 302, upgraded to Toploader, front disk brakes ready for 2021 season after the snow melts!

Rocket989

Post by Rocket989 »

Loman...x1000 on old Holley gaskets...like friggin butyl rubber & cement poured together!!! :shock: :D :P :x :P :lol:
'cause Johno says you gotta have a sig pic! :)

redhotcomet

Post by redhotcomet »

Rocket989 wrote:Loman...x1000 on old Holley gaskets...like friggin butyl rubber & cement poured together!!! :shock: :D :P :x :P :lol:
At least they won't leak. Around here they say to smear chapstick on new ones you install them. Seems to work ok.
1964 Caliente hardtop, 302/T5/8.8"

Jims65cyclone

Post by Jims65cyclone »

A little late posting, but last weekend I installed my rechromed front bumper, straightened the alignment of my rear bumper, and installed my original Cyclone hood. Was furiously working to get it ready to go to PF, then trailer issues resulted me having to leave it at home. :cry: Oh, well. Now I need to update my sigpic. :roll:
Jim

poboyjo65

Post by poboyjo65 »

Jims65cyclone wrote:A little late posting, but last weekend I installed my rechromed front bumper, straightened the alignment of my rear bumper, and installed my original Cyclone hood. Was furiously working to get it ready to go to PF, then trailer issues resulted me having to leave it at home. :cry: Oh, well. Now I need to update my sigpic. :roll:
Jim
Yea after telling us about these updates we deserve pics !! :lol:
Johno

Loner

Post by Loner »

Put the little six back together. All new valve seals,freeze plugs,bolts,plugs,fanbelt and hoses. Seems to run a little better?? Now I need to find the time to replace the floor pans.

Matt

BJB

Post by BJB »

Working on a project to convert a 5 stud 7.25 tin hat diff from 10" rear drums to disc. So far it is a bolt on affair using late 80's falcon rear discs,calipers and backing plates. Ford didn't change the diff flange bolt spacing for the 10" drums from 1960 including when they started introducing rear discs decade or two later. Rear wheels will have to be 15" rather than the 14" I'm running due to the size of the rotors. I managed to purchase some Kelsey Hayes 15" rims that will fit. At least I will have effective emergency brakes compared to the drums that never seemed to work for me. Left the diff at the brake shop who will make up the hoses and hard brake lines.

Bruce
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains,..enough with the floods already..."

pugs65

Post by pugs65 »

Washed the Ol Girl off today and went to a show to benefit the local little league football team. Had fun. At the end of the day it's all about raising money for the kids.
302 roller
4 speed
Real cars are built to be driven and driven hard!!!